Обсуждение: SPI question re elog() and aborted transactions?

SPI question re elog() and aborted transactions?

От
"Ed L."
Дата:
I have a C trigger function using SPI.  It's purpose is never more important
than the transaction itself, so I don't ever want the C function to abort
the transaction under any circumstances.

Can I accomplish this by simply never calling elog(ERROR, ...)?  (And not
crashing or doing anything else programmatically mischievous, of course).

Ed

Re: SPI question re elog() and aborted transactions?

От
"Ed L."
Дата:
On Monday April 14 2003 4:27, some yahoo wrote:
> I have a C trigger function using SPI.  It's purpose is never more
> important than the transaction itself, so I don't ever want the C
> function to abort the transaction under any circumstances.
>
> Can I accomplish this by simply never calling elog(ERROR, ...)?  (And not
> crashing or doing anything else programmatically mischievous, of course).

Duh question.  I see the answer.

Ed