Обсуждение: infinite trigger loop

infinite trigger loop

От
Veres Lajos
Дата:
Hello,

I would like to synchronize 2 tables.
I think that maybe triggers are the best solution.
But, if i create two update trigger, when i update the first table first
trigger update the other, and the other trigger also try to update the
first table... and this is an infinite loop.
At now, in all two triggers i first drop the other and after the update
recreate.
I think that this is not the _best_ solution.
Can you show me a better solution?
thanks.

PS:
please CC: for my personal e-mail address, I'm not subscribed.

Veres Lajos
vlajos@ludens.elte.hu
+36 20 438 5909

Re: infinite trigger loop

От
Erick Dennis
Дата:
I don't know what you trigger are doing, but, you can't check if the
update was already made? before try to update it!.

On Mon, 12 May 2003, Veres Lajos wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I would like to synchronize 2 tables.
> I think that maybe triggers are the best solution.
> But, if i create two update trigger, when i update the first table first
> trigger update the other, and the other trigger also try to update the
> first table... and this is an infinite loop.
> At now, in all two triggers i first drop the other and after the update
> recreate.
> I think that this is not the _best_ solution.
> Can you show me a better solution?
> thanks.
>
> PS:
> please CC: for my personal e-mail address, I'm not subscribed.
>
> Veres Lajos
> vlajos@ludens.elte.hu
> +36 20 438 5909

Re: infinite trigger loop

От
Jan Wieck
Дата:
Erick Dennis wrote:
> I don't know what you trigger are doing, but, you can't check if the
> update was already made? before try to update it!.

Sort of a solution ... put "... AND att != OLD.att" into the updates
performed by the triggers and it's not looping.

Jan

> On Mon, 12 May 2003, Veres Lajos wrote:
>

>>Hello,
>>
>>I would like to synchronize 2 tables.
>>I think that maybe triggers are the best solution.
>>But, if i create two update trigger, when i update the first table first
>>trigger update the other, and the other trigger also try to update the
>>first table... and this is an infinite loop.
>>At now, in all two triggers i first drop the other and after the update
>>recreate.
>>I think that this is not the _best_ solution.
>>Can you show me a better solution?
>>thanks.
>>
>>PS:
>>please CC: for my personal e-mail address, I'm not subscribed.
>>
>>Veres Lajos
>>vlajos@ludens.elte.hu
>>+36 20 438 5909

>>TIP 3: if posting/reading through Usenet, please send an appropriate
>>subscribe-nomail command to majordomo@postgresql.org so that your
>>message can get through to the mailing list cleanly

Re: infinite trigger loop

От
Veres Lajos
Дата:
On Fri, 16 May 2003, Erick Dennis wrote:

> I don't know what you trigger are doing, but, you can't check if the
> update was already made? before try to update it!.

Yes finally, i choosed this method. a bit better. but the code is at least
double size.
Thanks for your response.

> On Mon, 12 May 2003, Veres Lajos wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > I would like to synchronize 2 tables.
> > I think that maybe triggers are the best solution.
> > But, if i create two update trigger, when i update the first table first
> > trigger update the other, and the other trigger also try to update the
> > first table... and this is an infinite loop.
> > At now, in all two triggers i first drop the other and after the update
> > recreate.
> > I think that this is not the _best_ solution.
> > Can you show me a better solution?
> > thanks.
> >
> > PS:
> > please CC: for my personal e-mail address, I'm not subscribed.
> >
> > Veres Lajos
> > vlajos@ludens.elte.hu
> > +36 20 438 5909

> > subscribe-nomail command to majordomo@postgresql.org so that your