Обсуждение: PG mailing list server problem?

PG mailing list server problem?

От
Jean-Christian Imbeault
Дата:
Hi Paul, don't know if it's just me but I have just started receiving ML
posts that are from one week to a few days old. One of which at least I
remember getting at least once before.

Was/is there a problem with the ML server?

--

Jean-Christian Imbeault

Bruno Wolff III
Дата:
On Mon, Jun 02, 2003 at 11:30:21 +0900,
  Jean-Christian Imbeault <jc@mega-bucks.co.jp> wrote:
> Hi Paul, don't know if it's just me but I have just started receiving ML
> posts that are from one week to a few days old. One of which at least I
> remember getting at least once before.
>
> Was/is there a problem with the ML server?

This has been happening on a semi regular basis for at least a couple of
months.

Re: PG mailing list server problem?

От
Jean-Christian Imbeault
Дата:
Bruno Wolff III wrote:

>>Hi Paul, don't know if it's just me but I have just started receiving ML
>>posts that are from one week to a few days old. One of which at least I
>>remember getting at least once before.
>>
>>Was/is there a problem with the ML server?
>

> This has been happening on a semi regular basis for at least a couple of
> months.

I just got an email from Paul explaining ...

 > its all stuff that has to be manually moderated, posted by ppl not
 > on the lists themselves ...

I didn't realize that it was possible to post to the list without being
a member, thus causing a delay since the post needs to be manually
moderated.

--

Jean-Christian Imbeault

Дата:
Jean-Christian Imbeault <jc@mega-bucks.co.jp> writes:
> Hi Paul, don't know if it's just me but I have just started receiving ML
> posts that are from one week to a few days old. One of which at least I
> remember getting at least once before.

It's a standard problem: people send mail, get a notice that their mail
is being held for moderator approval because they're not subscribed to
the particular list, then they subscribe to the list and repost.  After
awhile the moderator (Marc) comes along and approves the original
message.

There are speculations in the archives about how we might improve this
situation, but no one's volunteered to actually make it happen ... in
the meantime I've learned to ignore back-dated messages that look
familiar...

            regards, tom lane

Re: PG mailing list server problem?

От
Oleg Bartunov
Дата:
btw, gborg mail also seems have a problem. I didn't receive messages
from my cvs commits.

    Oleg
On Sun, 1 Jun 2003, Bruno Wolff III wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 02, 2003 at 11:30:21 +0900,
>   Jean-Christian Imbeault <jc@mega-bucks.co.jp> wrote:
> > Hi Paul, don't know if it's just me but I have just started receiving ML
> > posts that are from one week to a few days old. One of which at least I
> > remember getting at least once before.
> >
> > Was/is there a problem with the ML server?
>
> This has been happening on a semi regular basis for at least a couple of
> months.

    Regards,
        Oleg
phone: +007(095)939-16-83, +007(095)939-23-83