Обсуждение: Is it possible to change the wal file size?

Is it possible to change the wal file size?

От
u15074
Дата:
Can I change the size of a wal file, and if so where can I change this? I'd like
to set the value to bigger value than 16MB.

Thanks, Andreas.

Re: Is it possible to change the wal file size?

От
"Shridhar Daithankar"
Дата:
On 27 Jun 2003 at 10:12, u15074 wrote:

> Can I change the size of a wal file, and if so where can I change this? I'd like
> to set the value to bigger value than 16MB.

You can not change the size but you can increase the number of WAL files used.
See postgresql.conf.

Setting it too high does not achieve anything though. You need to have enough
disk bandwidth to make use of 200MB WAL logs.

Bye
 Shridhar

--
Horngren's Observation:    Among economists, the real world is often a special
case.

Re: Is it possible to change the wal file size?

От
u15074
Дата:
> You can not change the size but you can increase the number of WAL files
> used.
> See postgresql.conf.
>
> Setting it too high does not achieve anything though. You need to have enough
>
> disk bandwidth to make use of 200MB WAL logs.

I want write a lot of data (large objetcs) without any interruptions.
So I already increased the number of checkpoint_segments to a higher value.
But this did not help since I still get interruptions in writing data, when a
new log file is created.