Обсуждение: pg_dumpall doesn't support -s anymore?

pg_dumpall doesn't support -s anymore?

От
Martijn van Oosterhout
Дата:
Hi,

Our backup scheme involves dumping the schema with pg_dumpall (including
users, groups, etc) using the -s option. Then the databases are dumped
individually with pg_dump -a. This works in 7.0.

In 7.3.3 this no longer works (the -a option is gone too).

Is there any particular reason for this?

Thanks in advance,
> "All that is needed for the forces of evil to triumph is for enough good
> men to do nothing." - Edmond Burke
> "The penalty good people pay for not being interested in politics is to be
> governed by people worse than themselves." - Plato

Вложения

Re: pg_dumpall doesn't support -s anymore?

Дата:
> In 7.3.3 this no longer works (the -a option is gone too).

If you're feeling desperate you could probably backpatch this 7.4 fix:

    * doc/src/sgml/ref/pg_dumpall.sgml, src/bin/pg_dump/pg_dumpall.c:
    Cause pg_dumpall to support the -a, -s, -x options of pg_dump.

> Is there any particular reason for this?

Oversight, I'd imagine.

            regards, tom lane