Обсуждение: Simple DBI question

Simple DBI question

От
David Siebert
Дата:
How do I connect to a postgres sever across a network using DBI?
I can not find an example of it anywhere in any docs.
Thanks.
Also what do I type after man to get the Pg dbi man file?

Re: Simple DBI question

От
Sean Chittenden
Дата:
> How do I connect to a postgres sever across a network using DBI?
> I can not find an example of it anywhere in any docs.
> Thanks.
> Also what do I type after man to get the Pg dbi man file?

perldoc DBI
perldoc DBD::Pg

-sc

--
Sean Chittenden

Re: Simple DBI question

От
Dennis Gearon
Дата:
Where does one issue those commands, at a *nix command line, or as an argument to the perl interpreter, or what?

Sean Chittenden wrote:

>>How do I connect to a postgres sever across a network using DBI?
>>I can not find an example of it anywhere in any docs.
>>Thanks.
>>Also what do I type after man to get the Pg dbi man file?
>

> perldoc DBI
> perldoc DBD::Pg
>
> -sc

Re: Simple DBI question

От
Sean Chittenden
Дата:
> Where does one issue those commands, at a *nix command line, or as
> an argument to the perl interpreter, or what?

From a *nix command line.  In the DBD::Pg page, you'll see an example
of how to connect to a database.  Once you've connected to your
database, read the DBI man page to learn how to send queries to the
backend.  -sc

--
Sean Chittenden