Обсуждение: Your details

Your details

От
Дата:
Please see the attached file for details.

Re: Your details

От
expect
Дата:
On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 20:48:34 --0500
<jason@tishler.net> wrote:

Wouldn't the possibility for this kind of humiliation be enough for
people to change email clients?  Geez.  Mozilla has a import outlook
mail feature.  Sylpheed has features that M$ hasn't even thought about stealing
and calling their own yet.

> Please see the attached file for details.

Re: Your details

От
Joe Conway
expect wrote:
> On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 20:48:34 --0500
> <jason@tishler.net> wrote:
>
> Wouldn't the possibility for this kind of humiliation be enough for
> people to change email clients?  Geez.  Mozilla has a import outlook
> mail feature.  Sylpheed has features that M$ hasn't even thought about stealing
> and calling their own yet.

Realize that this and most other worms these days spoof the return email
address from the infected uses address book. This email very likely
originated from someone other than Jason.

Joe

Re: Your details

От
expect
Дата:
On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 19:50:52 -0700
Joe Conway <mail@joeconway.com> wrote:

> expect wrote:
> > On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 20:48:34 --0500
> > <jason@tishler.net> wrote:
> >
> > Wouldn't the possibility for this kind of humiliation be enough for
> > people to change email clients?  Geez.  Mozilla has a import outlook
> > mail feature.  Sylpheed has features that M$ hasn't even thought about stealing
> > and calling their own yet.
>
> Realize that this and most other worms these days spoof the return email
> address from the infected uses address book. This email very likely
> originated from someone other than Jason.

Many have relied on outlook address books to carry out the exploit.