Обсуждение: About Pgdump

About Pgdump

От
Deepa K
Дата:
Hi all,
        I want to take backup of our online system on daily basis using
crontab. But actually the pg_hba.conf is configured with password
security.
How I can take the backup without setting password. Or is their any
other
way to take backup.

TIA

regards,
Deepa K

Re: About Pgdump

От
Richard Huxton
Дата:
On Friday 19 September 2003 07:35, Deepa K wrote:
> Hi all,
>         I want to take backup of our online system on daily basis using
> crontab. But actually the pg_hba.conf is configured with password
> security.
> How I can take the backup without setting password. Or is their any
> other
> way to take backup.

Look for the .pgpass entry in the document index. You can create a private
file containing usernames/passwords for databases.

--
  Richard Huxton
  Archonet Ltd

Re: About Pgdump

От
Paul Thomas
Дата:
On 19/09/2003 07:35 Deepa K wrote:
> Hi all,
>         I want to take backup of our online system on daily basis using
> crontab. But actually the pg_hba.conf is configured with password
> security.
> How I can take the backup without setting password. Or is their any
> other
> way to take backup.

You could su to the postgres superuser to do the backup or maybe use a
.pgpass file (needs at least 7.3 IIRC).

HTH

--
Paul Thomas
Business |
| Computer Consultants         |

Re: About Pgdump

От
nolan@celery.tssi.com
Дата:
> On Friday 19 September 2003 07:35, Deepa K wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >         I want to take backup of our online system on daily basis using
> > crontab. But actually the pg_hba.conf is configured with password
> > security.
> > How I can take the backup without setting password. Or is their any
> > other
> > way to take backup.
>
> Look for the .pgpass entry in the document index. You can create a private
> file containing usernames/passwords for databases.

A second possibility is to create another system and postgres account with
sufficient permissions to run the backup and both 'local' and 'ident sameuser'
in pg_hba.conf.  (That's how I have the postgres account set up.)

Then run the backup via cron.  You can also use that account to run
periodic vacuums.
--
Mike Nolan

Re: About Pgdump

От
"Edwin Quijada"
Дата:
Where can I find that file .pgpass??
Can I create ?
How ate the entry in this file???

>From: Richard Huxton <dev@archonet.com>
>To: Deepa K <kdeepa@midascomm.com>, pgsql-general@postgresql.org
>Subject: Re: [GENERAL] About Pgdump
>Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 10:13:19 +0100
>
>On Friday 19 September 2003 07:35, Deepa K wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >         I want to take backup of our online system on daily basis using
> > crontab. But actually the pg_hba.conf is configured with password
> > security.
> > How I can take the backup without setting password. Or is their any
> > other
> > way to take backup.
>
>Look for the .pgpass entry in the document index. You can create a private
>file containing usernames/passwords for databases.
>
>--
>   Richard Huxton
>   Archonet Ltd

http://messenger.yupimsn.com/

Re: About Pgdump

От
"Nigel J. Andrews"
Дата:
On Fri, 19 Sep 2003, Edwin Quijada wrote:

> Where can I find that file .pgpass??
> Can I create ?
> How ate the entry in this file???

Not for <7.3:

touch ~/.pgpass
chmod 0600 ~/.pgpass
echo '*:*:*:username:password' > ~/.pgpass

Note that this presumes you are logged in as the user who will be dumping the
database(s).

--
Nigel J. Andrews