Обсуждение: MySQL-to-PostgreSQL

MySQL-to-PostgreSQL

От
Yevgeny Ioffe
Дата:
Hello,

I am working on transferring MySQL dumps to
PostgreSQL. I have tried the scripts I found in
relevant section of PostgreSQL documentation website,
but they all give me various parsing errors.  What am
I to do?

Thanks!

Re: MySQL-to-PostgreSQL

От
Bruce Momjian
Дата:
Have you tried src/contrib/mysql scripts?

Yevgeny Ioffe wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am working on transferring MySQL dumps to
> PostgreSQL. I have tried the scripts I found in
> relevant section of PostgreSQL documentation website,
> but they all give me various parsing errors.  What am
> I to do?
>
> Thanks!

Re: MySQL-to-PostgreSQL

От
Martin Marques
Дата:
This scripts don't do the job completly, but give you a boost. I normally pass
my MySQL dumps throught these scripts and then open them with my editor and
do the changes that were missing.

You will always have to make changes in things like MySQLs inconsistencys
(dates that don't exist, an so on).

--
Porqué usar una base de datos relacional cualquiera,
si podés usar PostgreSQL?

Re: MySQL-to-PostgreSQL

От
"Marek Lewczuk"
Дата:
I suggest you to do it manualy.... I'm mean the structure only... Then
you can make mysqldump only with inserts... Belive me that this is much
faster....