Обсуждение: Stored procedures from MS Query

Stored procedures from MS Query

От
Tomas Larsson
Дата:
Hi!

We're trying to call a set-returning stored procedure
from Excel (MS Query). To do this we type:

select * from getStudents()

(where getStudents() is the stored procedure).
The problem is that MS Query interprets this as if
getStudents was a table, and complains that there is
no table called getStudents(). How do we get around
this?

We would be very grateful for any help!

/tomas, Patrik and Siv.

Re: Stored procedures from MS Query

От
Shridhar Daithankar
Дата:
On Tuesday 28 October 2003 16:06, Tomas Larsson wrote:
> Hi!
>
> We're trying to call a set-returning stored procedure
> from Excel (MS Query). To do this we type:
>
> select * from getStudents()
>
> (where getStudents() is the stored procedure).
> The problem is that MS Query interprets this as if
> getStudents was a table, and complains that there is
> no table called getStudents(). How do we get around
> this?

Create a dummy table and a rule that  calls this function instead of actually
selecting the from the table.

HTH

 Shridhar

Re: Stored procedures from MS Query