Обсуждение: why ORDER BY works wrong in pg7.3.4?

why ORDER BY works wrong in pg7.3.4?

От
igor
Дата:
Hi,

Help me pls a little with locals in postgres 7.3.4

why "order by" and "like" doesnt work in 7.3.4 properly? - im working
with ALT server local settings.

in 7.2.xx   all this things worked well .

Thank u . and have a nice day!

Igor.

Re: why ORDER BY works wrong in pg7.3.4?

Дата:
igor <root@osb368.nnov.ru> writes:
> why "order by" and "like" doesnt work in 7.3.4 properly? - im working
> with ALT server local settings.
> in 7.2.xx   all this things worked well .

Most likely you forgot to select the right locale settings before
initdb'ing the 7.3 installation.  pg_controldata can help you check
what locale is in force in the database.

            regards, tom lane

Re: why ORDER BY works wrong in pg7.3.4?

От
igor
Дата:
Thank u for hint it really helped me - I made initdb with new lc-ctype
and lc-collate
settings : ru_RU:UTF8.
But im still  having one question - some functions - lower() and upper()
doesnt work properly . what im doing wrong?

Tom Lane wrote:

> igor <root@osb368.nnov.ru> writes:
>

>> why "order by" and "like" doesnt work in 7.3.4 properly? - im working
>> with ALT server local settings.
>> in 7.2.xx   all this things worked well .
>>

> Most likely you forgot to select the right locale settings before
> initdb'ing the 7.3 installation.  pg_controldata can help you check
> what locale is in force in the database.
>
>             regards, tom lane

Re: why ORDER BY works wrong in pg7.3.4?

Дата:
igor <root@osb368.nnov.ru> writes:
> Thank u for hint it really helped me - I made initdb with new lc-ctype
> and lc-collate
> settings : ru_RU:UTF8.
> But im still  having one question - some functions - lower() and upper()
> doesnt work properly . what im doing wrong?

We don't have any support for upper() and lower() in multibyte character
encodings, such as UTF8.  You need to use a single-byte encoding (and a
locale setting to match, of course).

Yeah, I know this sucks :-(.  I think Peter Eisentraut is looking into
fixing it for 7.5.

            regards, tom lane

Re: why ORDER BY works wrong in pg7.3.4?

От
igor
Дата:
Thank u for hint it really helped me - I made initdb with new lc-ctype
and lc-collate
settings : ru_RU:UTF8.
But im having one question - some functions - lower() and upper()