Обсуждение: updated linux startup script?

updated linux startup script?

От
CSN
Дата:
Is there an updated version of Lamar Owen's linux
startup script available? It initializes the database
on first invocation after initdb has been done
manually (even after changing all 7.3's to 7.4's in
the script), then gives an error on subsequent startups.

Free Pop-Up Blocker - Get it now
http://companion.yahoo.com/

Re: updated linux startup script?

От
Martin Marques
Дата:
El Sáb 22 Nov 2003 20:07, CSN escribió:
> Is there an updated version of Lamar Owen's linux
> startup script available? It initializes the database
> on first invocation after initdb has been done
> manually (even after changing all 7.3's to 7.4's in
> the script), then gives an error on subsequent startups.

There are new rpms in the rpm directory. At least that's what Lamar's mails
said earlier today. There was also a replacement for the init script. Look
here for more information:

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-general/2003-11/msg01258.php

--
select 'mmarques' || '@' || 'unl.edu.ar' AS email;
Martín Marqués                  |        mmarques@unl.edu.ar

Re: updated linux startup script?

От
Lamar Owen
Дата:
On Saturday 22 November 2003 06:07 pm, CSN wrote:
> Is there an updated version of Lamar Owen's linux
> startup script available? It initializes the database
> on first invocation after initdb has been done
> manually (even after changing all 7.3's to 7.4's in
> the script), then gives an error on subsequent startups.

Into what location did you initdb?  The script with the 0.2PGDG set is the
latest, one guy has already reported that it worked for him.
--
Lamar Owen
Director of Information Technology

Re: updated linux startup script?

От
CSN
Дата:
I did initdb -D /var/lib/pgsql/data. I downloaded the
attached script from this message -
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-general/2003-11/msg01258.php
- and will give that a try. (I was getting the same
"old version" errors as well.)

CSN

--- Lamar Owen <lowen@pari.edu> wrote:
> On Saturday 22 November 2003 06:07 pm, CSN wrote:
> > Is there an updated version of Lamar Owen's linux
> > startup script available? It initializes the
> database
> > on first invocation after initdb has been done
> > manually (even after changing all 7.3's to 7.4's
> in
> > the script), then gives an error on subsequent
> startups.
>
> Into what location did you initdb?  The script with
> the 0.2PGDG set is the
> latest, one guy has already reported that it worked
> for him.
> --
> Lamar Owen
> Director of Information Technology
> Pisgah Astronomical Research Institute
> 1 PARI Drive
> Rosman, NC  28772
> (828)862-5554
> www.pari.edu

Free Pop-Up Blocker - Get it now
http://companion.yahoo.com/

Re: updated linux startup script?

От
Lamar Owen
Дата:
On Saturday 22 November 2003 06:36 pm, CSN wrote:
> I did initdb -D /var/lib/pgsql/data. I downloaded the
> attached script from this message -
> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-general/2003-11/msg01258.php
> - and will give that a try. (I was getting the same
> "old version" errors as well.)

I have installed, started, and restarted successfully with the 0.2PGDG set on
Fedora.  It isn't breaking for me as yet.