Обсуждение: pg_dump and client_encoding

pg_dump and client_encoding

От
Jan Poslusny
Дата:
I have following experience:
After pg_dump mydb > db.out output contains one or more \connect -
somebody, but client_encoding is not set. It causes restoration problems
on  databases with different default client_encoding. I think
client_encoding may be set after each \connect.

Re: pg_dump and client_encoding

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
Jan Poslusny wrote:
> I have following experience:
> After pg_dump mydb > db.out output contains one or more \connect -
> somebody, but client_encoding is not set. It causes restoration
> problems on  databases with different default client_encoding. I
> think client_encoding may be set after each \connect.

The client_encoding parameter specifies to the server what encoding the
client uses.  Presumably, that stays the same during one psql run.

Maybe you haven't set the client encoding at all?  Try setting the
environment variable PGCLIENTENCODING.  Else, please post a more
specific description of the symptoms of your problem.

C API Documentation

От
Karam Chand
Дата:
Hello

Is there any link where I can get all the
documentation about C API for PostgreSQl in one page.
I would love to take a printout of it and use it for
reference.

Karam

Venkatesh R Ramteke
Дата: