Обсуждение: Incremental Development

Incremental Development

От
Phil Campaigne
Дата:
I am developing a java/postgresql application using ant and junit.  I
want to deploy tested builds along with matching tables in
postgresqlwith test data in them.

What is the best way to deploy versions of the tables with test data to
postgresql to match a war file for each new build of the application?
thanks,
Phil

Re: Incremental Development

От
"scott.marlowe"
Дата:
On Tue, 13 Jan 2004, Phil Campaigne wrote:

> I am developing a java/postgresql application using ant and junit.  I
> want to deploy tested builds along with matching tables in
> postgresqlwith test data in them.
>
> What is the best way to deploy versions of the tables with test data to
> postgresql to match a war file for each new build of the application?
> thanks,
> Phil

the best way I've found is to just use a pg_dump file of the database (I
usually put individual apps in their own database / schema for easy backup
and restore and such.)

If you can't run psql by shelling out, you can just execute each line of
the sql dump one at a time, inside a transaction block.