Обсуждение: How to kick out automatically stuck in queries

How to kick out automatically stuck in queries

От
Együd Csaba
Дата:
Hi All,
I'm wonder if there is any possibility to kick out automatically stuck in
queries after say 10 minutes or so?
I mean some kind of queries which calls eg. buggy functions with dead loops
or something similar.
Time to time I face such kind of problems which are solved automatically
after some hours/days.

Is there any options in config files or other settings to shorten this time?

I'm interested in limiting "dead" connections too. I mean frozen client
programs which leave the connection open.

(Server. RH 7.1, PG7.3.2 ; Client: Win98/ME/XP/2k)

Thank you,
-- Csaba Együd

Re: How to kick out automatically stuck in queries

От
Kris Jurka

On Mon, 2 Feb 2004, [iso-8859-2] Egy�d Csaba wrote:

> Hi All,
> I'm wonder if there is any possibility to kick out automatically stuck in
> queries after say 10 minutes or so?
> I mean some kind of queries which calls eg. buggy functions with dead loops
> or something similar.
> Time to time I face such kind of problems which are solved automatically
> after some hours/days.
>
> Is there any options in config files or other settings to shorten this time?

See the statement_timeout config parameter.

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/7.3/static/runtime-config.html

Kris Jurka

Re: How to kick out automatically stuck in queries

От
Együd Csaba
Дата:
Ahh! Thanks Kris! That works!