Обсуждение: No More Processes

No More Processes

От
Joe Lester
Дата:
I'm trying to run PostgreSQL 7.4.1 on Mac OS 10.2.6. I'm running into
problems when the number of process for the postgres user reaches 100.
When that happens I get a "No More Processes" message in the terminal
shell. From then on, that user is "locked". I can't even ssh into it.

I've tried to increase the max process limit in my startup script, but
I'm still getting the same behavior. Here's part of my script:

#!/bin/sh
. /etc/rc.common

StartService ()
{
    ulimit -u unlimited               # before -u = 100
    var=`ulimit -a`
    ConsoleMessage "$var"   # shows -u = 532 (which is good I think)
    su - postgres -c '/usr/local/bin/pg_ctl -o "-i"  -D
/Library/PostgreSQL/data -l /Library/PostgreSQL/data/logfile.log start'
}

Please. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Re: No More Processes

Дата:
Joe Lester <joe_lester@sweetwater.com> writes:
> I'm trying to run PostgreSQL 7.4.1 on Mac OS 10.2.6. I'm running into
> problems when the number of process for the postgres user reaches 100.
> When that happens I get a "No More Processes" message in the terminal
> shell. From then on, that user is "locked". I can't even ssh into it.

I think there is a sysctl setting that limits this; have you increased
that?

            regards, tom lane

Re: No More Processes

От
Joe Lester
Дата:
kern.maxprocperuid.... It's on OS 10.3 but not on 10.2 as far as I can
see. Anyway, I upgraded the box to 10.3.2. Then I set
kern.maxprocperuid in /etc/sysctl.conf... that seems to have done the
trick.

kern.maxprocperuid=512

Then I applied ulimit -u 512 at the shell level. It's working now.
Thanks.