Обсуждение: Too much CPU usage

Too much CPU usage

От
"Froggy / Froggy Corp."
Дата:
Hello,

    I am looking for a function like "top" to show online the cpu time used
by request.

    When i try to show which http request eat all my cpu, i can use the
stat_mod (not very usefull but can help), and the log.
    But i have no way to link the http thread and the postgresql thread, so
if a module like stat_mod existe under postgres, it will be very fine.

Thx in advance,
regards,

Re: Too much CPU usage

От
Richard Huxton
Дата:
On Friday 13 February 2004 15:30, Froggy / Froggy Corp. wrote:
> Hello,
>
>     I am looking for a function like "top" to show online the cpu time used
> by request.
>
>     When i try to show which http request eat all my cpu, i can use the
> stat_mod (not very usefull but can help), and the log.
>     But i have no way to link the http thread and the postgresql thread, so
> if a module like stat_mod existe under postgres, it will be very fine.

Combine "top" with pg_stat_activity. Details in the manuals under "monitoring
activity".

--
  Richard Huxton
  Archonet Ltd