Обсуждение: Replication in postgresql

Replication in postgresql

От
"Vidyasagara Guntaka"
Дата:
Hi,

I'm new to this list.  I'm Sagar.  Our company is seriously considering using Postgresql for our storage virtualization
solution. To be able to use the database, replication is must for us. At least master-single slave.  Synchronous
replicationis preferred.  I understand that there are some solutions like postgres-r, dbmirror, erserver etc.,  in 7.4
todolist replication related items are listed as urgent.  Can you guys point me to the current state of things on
replicationfor post 7.4 releases?  Also, If I want to contribute to replication related development - how do I do that
?

One more question regarding the erserver 1.2.  I understand that it is released under BSD style license.  If our
companywants to include erserver along with the s/w it releases, do we have to pay royalties ?

Thank you very much in advance for your time.

Regards,
Sagar.

Re: Replication in postgresql

От
Bruce Momjian
Дата:
Vidyasagara Guntaka wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm new to this list.  I'm Sagar.  Our company is seriously
> considering using Postgresql for our storage virtualization
> solution.  To be able to use the database, replication is must
> for us. At least master-single slave.  Synchronous replication
> is preferred.  I understand that there are some solutions like
> postgres-r, dbmirror, erserver etc.,  in 7.4 todo list replication
> related items are listed as urgent.  Can you guys point me to
> the current state of things on replication for post 7.4 releases?
> Also, If I want to contribute to replication related development
> - how do I do that ?

Probably the gborg erserver is the best solution for you.  We are
working on an improved master-slave replication too, but it is months
away from completion.

> One more question regarding the erserver 1.2.  I understand that
> it is released under BSD style license.  If our company wants
> to include erserver along with the s/w it releases, do we have
> to pay royalties ?

No, the BSD license allows you to do anything, except sue us.

Re: Replication in postgresql

От
Andrew Sullivan
Дата:
On Mon, Feb 16, 2004 at 07:48:59AM -0800, Vidyasagara Guntaka wrote:
> Also, If I want to contribute to replication related development -
> how do I do that ?

Pick a project and start contributing.  I'm about 8 weeks behind on
some outstanding items I'm supposed to be doing for erserver, for
instance.

Andrew Sullivan