Обсуждение: perl access

perl access

От
Tom Allison
Дата:
I'm used to using the DBI modules in perl.
The online docs mention DBD as expiremental.

I'm thinking of sticking with DBI, unless there's some compelling reason
to do otherwise.

Re: perl access

От
"Joshua D. Drake"
Дата:
Hello,

I do not believe that to be the case. DBD::SPI is experimental but DBD:
Pg is quite stable
and I believe DBD is a requirement that works WITH DBI.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

Tom Allison wrote:

> I'm used to using the DBI modules in perl.
> The online docs mention DBD as expiremental.
>
> I'm thinking of sticking with DBI, unless there's some compelling
> reason to do otherwise.

>      subscribe-nomail command to majordomo@postgresql.org so that your

Re: perl access

От
"Greg Sabino Mullane"
Дата:

Re: perl access

От
Tom Allison
Дата:
Greg Sabino Mullane wrote:

>>I'm used to using the DBI modules in perl.
>>The online docs mention DBD as expiremental.
>

> Please let us know which docs you were looking at so we can remedy this.

"experimental module DBD::PgSPI"

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/7.4/static/plperl-database.html

39.3. Database Access from PL/Perl

Access to the database itself from your Perl function can be done via an
experimental module DBD::PgSPI (also available at CPAN mirror sites).
This module makes available a DBI-compliant database-handle named
$pg_dbh that can be used to perform queries with normal DBI syntax.

Re: perl access

От
Doug McNaught
Дата:
Tom Allison <tallison@tacocat.net> writes:

> Greg Sabino Mullane wrote:
>>
>>>I'm used to using the DBI modules in perl.
>>>The online docs mention DBD as expiremental.
>>  Please let us know which docs you were looking at so we can remedy
>> this.
>>

> "experimental module DBD::PgSPI"

That's for doing database queries inside Postgres stored procedures
that are written in Perl (in other words, Perl code that's running
inside the database server).  For regular client access (e.g. web
applications), the DBD::Pg module is well-tested and stable, as
Greg said.

-Doug