Обсуждение: psql

psql

От
Carlos Ojea Castro
Hello:

I have postgreSQL 7.4.1 installed, but I can't start psql (I was able to
start psql a few weeks ago...)
I get this message:
debian-ojea:/home/carlos# psql buques_db
/usr/lib/postgresql/bin/psql: relocation error:
/usr/local/lib/libreadline.so.4: undefined symbol: BC

Anyone knows what is happening?
Thank you,
Carlos

Re: psql

От
Vams
Дата:
On Tuesday 22 June 2004 11:11 am, Carlos Ojea Castro wrote:
> I have postgreSQL 7.4.1 installed, but I can't start psql (I was able to
> start psql a few weeks ago...)
> I get this message:
> debian-ojea:/home/carlos# psql buques_db
> /usr/lib/postgresql/bin/psql: relocation error:
> /usr/local/lib/libreadline.so.4: undefined symbol: BC

You might already have postgresql preinstalled and have improperly upgrade it?
Or, you might have more than one version installed.

just shooting some possibilities,
  Vams

Re: psql

От
Carlos Ojea Castro
Vams wrote:

>On Tuesday 22 June 2004 11:11 am, Carlos Ojea Castro wrote:
>
>>I have postgreSQL 7.4.1 installed, but I can't start psql (I was able to
>>start psql a few weeks ago...)
>>I get this message:
>>debian-ojea:/home/carlos# psql buques_db
>>/usr/lib/postgresql/bin/psql: relocation error:
>>/usr/local/lib/libreadline.so.4: undefined symbol: BC
>>

>You might already have postgresql preinstalled and have improperly upgrade it?
>Or, you might have more than one version installed.
>
>just shooting some possibilities,
>  Vams

I made 'apt-get install postgresql', but it was an old version, so I
purged it and then I compile and install 7.4.1 from source...

This is the output of 'dpkg -s postgresql':
debian-ojea:/home/carlos# dpkg -s postgresql
Package: postgresql
Section: misc

But postgresql is installed:
carlos@debian-ojea:~$ /usr/local/pgsql/bin/postmaster -D
/home/carlos/programacion/compulab/buques/database/
LOG:  database system was shut down at 2004-06-22 17:44:05 CEST
LOG:  checkpoint record is at 0/289F6F78
LOG:  redo record is at 0/289F6F78; undo record is at 0/0; shutdown TRUE
LOG:  next transaction ID: 735362; next OID: 17869
LOG:  database system is ready

So, do you know what can I do to correct the problem?
Thank you, regards
Carlos

Re: psql

От
"Daniel Verite"
Дата:
     Carlos Ojea Castro writes

> >>/usr/lib/postgresql/bin/psql: relocation error:

The location suggests it's the psql from the postgresql-client
debian package.

> debian-ojea:/home/carlos# dpkg -s postgresql
> Package: postgresql
> Section: misc
>
> But postgresql is installed:
> carlos@debian-ojea:~$ /usr/local/pgsql/bin/postmaster -D

You probably need to purge the postgresql-client package
as well, so that your shell will find /usr/local/pgsql/bin/psql
which should be the one that you installed from source.

--
 Daniel.
 PostgreSQL-based mail storage and user agent:

Re: psql

От
Richard Huxton
Дата:
Daniel Verite wrote:
> You probably need to purge the postgresql-client package
> as well, so that your shell will find /usr/local/pgsql/bin/psql
> which should be the one that you installed from source.

I believe there is a "backports" repository with up-to-date versions you
can just apt-get though. Any Debianites like to go on the record as to
how to set that up?

--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd

Re: psql

Дата:
Carlos Ojea Castro <carlosojea@leveltelecom.es> writes:
> I get this message:
> debian-ojea:/home/carlos# psql buques_db
> /usr/lib/postgresql/bin/psql: relocation error:
> /usr/local/lib/libreadline.so.4: undefined symbol: BC
>
> I made 'apt-get install postgresql', but it was an old version, so I
> purged it and then I compile and install 7.4.1 from source...

Did you upgrade readline since then?  Because this sure looks like
readline's problem not ours.

The only thing I can think of is to rebuild Postgres and see if it works
better.  (You might as well update to PG 7.4.3 while you're at it.)

            regards, tom lane

Re: psql

От
"Daniel Verite"
Дата:
     Richard Huxton writes

> Daniel Verite wrote:
> > You probably need to purge the postgresql-client package
> > as well, so that your shell will find /usr/local/pgsql/bin/psql
> > which should be the one that you installed from source.
>
> I believe there is a "backports" repository with up-to-date versions you
> can just apt-get though. Any Debianites like to go on the record as to
> how to set that up?

That should be as simple as adding the following entry to the
/etc/apt/sources.list file:

deb http://www.backports.org/debian/ woody postgresql

And then
# apt-get update
# apt-get install postgresql

--
 Daniel.
 PostgreSQL-based mail storage and user agent:
 http://sourceforge.net/projects/manitou-mail

Re: psql

От
Carlos Ojea Castro
Дата:
Daniel Verite wrote:

>     Carlos Ojea Castro writes

>The location suggests it's the psql from the postgresql-client
>debian package.
>

>>debian-ojea:/home/carlos# dpkg -s postgresql
>>Package: postgresql
>>Section: misc
>>
>>But postgresql is installed:
>>carlos@debian-ojea:~$ /usr/local/pgsql/bin/postmaster -D
>>

>You probably need to purge the postgresql-client package
>as well, so that your shell will find /usr/local/pgsql/bin/psql
>which should be the one that you installed from source.

THAT WAS IT !!!
I made 'dpkg -r postgresql-client' and then I made another install from
source.... and it works !!

Thank you very much,
Carlos

Query using kylix (delphi)

От
Carlos Ojea Castro
Hello:

I am trying to access a postgresql database.
I made a SQLConnection object and I got it active.
Then I made a SQLQuery object, but when I try to make it active, i get a
'access violation' message.

Am I missing something?

Regards,
Carlos

Re: Query using kylix (delphi)

От
"Raymond O'Donnell"
Дата:
On 29 Jun 2004 at 12:59, Carlos Ojea Castro wrote:

> I am trying to access a postgresql database.
> I made a SQLConnection object and I got it active.
> Then I made a SQLQuery object, but when I try to make it active, i get a
> 'access violation' message.

Probably a silly question, but have you got a dbExpress driver for
Postgres? The only one I know is the VitaVoom (commercial) one at
www.vitavoom.com.

--Ray.

Raymond O'Donnell     http://www.galwaycathedral.org/recitals
rod@iol.ie                          Galway Cathedral Recitals

Re: Query using kylix (delphi)

От
Carlos Ojea Castro
Дата:
Raymond O'Donnell wrote:

>On 29 Jun 2004 at 12:59, Carlos Ojea Castro wrote:
>

>>I am trying to access a postgresql database.
>>I made a SQLConnection object and I got it active.
>>Then I made a SQLQuery object, but when I try to make it active, i get a
>>'access violation' message.
>>

>Probably a silly question, but have you got a dbExpress driver for
>Postgres? The only one I know is the VitaVoom (commercial) one at
>www.vitavoom.com.

I use a postgresql driver, and I think that works because SQLConnection
object is active (I also made queries a few weeks ago, but I don't know
why I get this error now).

Regards,
Carlos

>--Ray.

>Raymond O'Donnell     http://www.galwaycathedral.org/recitals
>rod@iol.ie                          Galway Cathedral Recitals

Re: Query using kylix (delphi)

От
Klint Gore
Дата:
On Tue, 29 Jun 2004 12:28:57 +0100, "Raymond O'Donnell" <rod@iol.ie> wrote:
> On 29 Jun 2004 at 12:59, Carlos Ojea Castro wrote:
>
> > I am trying to access a postgresql database.
> > I made a SQLConnection object and I got it active.
> > Then I made a SQLQuery object, but when I try to make it active, i get a
> > 'access violation' message.
>
> Probably a silly question, but have you got a dbExpress driver for
> Postgres? The only one I know is the VitaVoom (commercial) one at
> www.vitavoom.com.

Kylix has one included.  vitavoom has the only windows one.

What pg version?  I found I needed to use an older libpq.so to stop the
access violations.  The 7.4 one didn't work too well with borland's
aging dbxpress driver.

klint.

: Klint Gore                            : "Non rhyming    :
: EMail   : kg@kgb.une.edu.au           :  slang - the    :
: Snail   : A.B.R.I.                    :  possibilities  :
: Mail      University of New England   :  are useless"   :
:           Armidale NSW 2351 Australia :     L.J.J.      :
: Fax     : +61 2 6772 5376             :                 :