Обсуждение: How to write soundex query in postgresql??

How to write soundex query in postgresql??

От
Vinay Jain
Дата:
Hi
I want to write soundex query for example:
select * from student where name soundex 'vinay';
In psql it gives error at soundex.
Regards
Vinay
--
Vinay Jain
Dissertation Project Trainee

Re: How to write soundex query in postgresql??

От
Mike Mascari
Дата:
Vinay Jain wrote:

> Hi
> I want to write soundex query for example:
> select * from student where name soundex 'vinay';
> In psql it gives error at soundex.

The /contrib module fuzzystrmatch has a soundex() function. I
haven't used it though...

Mike Mascari

Re: How to write soundex query in postgresql??

От
Richard Huxton
Дата:
Vinay Jain wrote:
> Hi
> I want to write soundex query for example:
> select * from student where name soundex 'vinay';
> In psql it gives error at soundex.

Where did you find documentation on a "soundex" operator?

--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd

Re: How to write soundex query in postgresql??

От
Elie Nacache
Дата:
Hi Vinary,

One way to implement tolerant search algorithms is to use the soundex algorithm for PostgreSQL, which can be found in the contributed directory of the PostgreSQL source tree.

try SELECT * FROM student WHERE soundex(name)=soundex('vinay');

Good luck
Elie Nacache

Vinay Jain <vinayjain@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi
I want to write soundex query for example:
select * from student where name soundex 'vinay';
In psql it gives error at soundex.
Regards
Vinay
--