Обсуждение: Postgres and JBOSS

Postgres and JBOSS

От
mihai11@mailcity.com (Razvan)
Дата:
Hi,

           Can I connect a JBOSS appl server to a Postgres SQL
database ? I think that there should be no problem at all doing that,
but I don't know from where to start. Are there some detailed
instructions as how to do this ?

Regards,
Razvan

Re: Postgres and JBOSS

От
Hunter Hillegas
Дата:
We use PostgresSQL 7.4 with JBoss without any trouble at all.

I believe the datasource samples that come with JBoss include a PG example.

We've found PostgreSQL to be an EXCELLENT companion to our Java server apps
(JBoss based J2EE, straight servlet, and Apple's WebObjects).

Hunter

> From: Razvan <mihai11@mailcity.com>
> Date: 18 Aug 2004 04:43:03 -0700
> To: <pgsql-general@postgresql.org>
> Subject: [GENERAL] Postgres and JBOSS
>
> Hi,
>

>            Can I connect a JBOSS appl server to a Postgres SQL
> database ? I think that there should be no problem at all doing that,
> but I don't know from where to start. Are there some detailed
> instructions as how to do this ?
>

> Regards,
> Razvan

Re: Postgres and JBOSS

От
mihai11@mailcity.com (Razvan)
Дата:
> We use PostgresSQL 7.4 with JBoss without any trouble at all.
> I believe the datasource samples that come with JBoss include a PG example.

        I didn't know that. I'll check.

> We've found PostgreSQL to be an EXCELLENT companion to our Java server apps
> (JBoss based J2EE, straight servlet, and Apple's WebObjects).

       Open source software presents excellent alternatives; just look
around: linux kernel, Apache, KDE, JBOSS. Apache and JBOSS are already
the most widely used on their own fields.

       What are WebObjects ? Some kind of framework ? Why do you
recommend it ?

Thanks,
Razvan