Обсуждение: Reading a text file into PostgreSQL

Reading a text file into PostgreSQL

От
Eyinagho Newton
Дата:
Hiya Everyone,

Can anyone explain how postgreSQL reads from a text
file into tables already created in PostgreSQL?

I am also checking the thread in the Forum just to see
if someone has written about it in the past.

Thanks.

Newton

http://vote.yahoo.com

Re: Reading a text file into PostgreSQL

От
Steven Klassen
Дата:
* Eyinagho Newton <neyinagho@yahoo.com> [2004-10-07 09:41:47 -0700]:

> Can anyone explain how postgreSQL reads from a text file into tables
> already created in PostgreSQL?

Where did this text file come from? What format is it in?

--
Steven Klassen - Lead Programmer
PostgreSQL Replication & Support Services, (503) 667-4564

Re: Reading a text file into PostgreSQL

От
Ron St-Pierre
Дата:
Eyinagho Newton wrote:

>Hiya Everyone,
>
>Can anyone explain how postgreSQL reads from a text
>file into tables already created in PostgreSQL?
>
>I am also checking the thread in the Forum just to see
>if someone has written about it in the past.
>
>Thanks.
>
>Newton

Do you mean when you read it in using the COPY command, or something
different?

Ron