Обсуждение: adding two tables

adding two tables

От
"fx gamoy"
Дата:
hello everybody,
i ve got two big tables with the same structure.

i would like to add the second one to the first one directly without generating a sql file. (each table is about 1 Million line)
Is it a way with an sql command?
INSERT INTO TAB1... (select * from TAB2) ???
thanks
fx

Re: adding two tables

От
Tino Wildenhain
Дата:
Hi,

On Wed, 2004-10-13 at 10:55, fx gamoy wrote:
> hello everybody,
> i ve got two big tables with the same structure.
>
> i would like to add the second one to the first one directly without
> generating a sql file. (each table is about 1 Million line)
> Is it a way with an sql command?
> INSERT INTO TAB1... (select * from TAB2) ???

without the ... your statement is complete.

Have fun
Tino

Re: adding two tables

От
Tino Wildenhain
Дата:
Hi again,

On Wed, 2004-10-13 at 10:55, fx gamoy wrote:
> hello everybody,
> i ve got two big tables with the same structure.
>
> i would like to add the second one to the first one directly without
> generating a sql file. (each table is about 1 Million line)
> Is it a way with an sql command?
> INSERT INTO TAB1... (select * from TAB2) ???

without ... and ( ) of course.

Bad system call postmaster

От
"DEHAINSALA Hondjack"
Дата:
Hi
I have just to install postgreSQL-7.5. in windows 2003.
and the system send me this error :
>Bad system call  postmaster
Someone can help me ?

thanks U