Обсуждение: update data in different database

update data in different database

От
"Henriksen, Jonas F"
Дата:
Hi,

is it possible to write a trigger, using pl/pgSQL,  that updates tables in a different database than the one the
triggeris called from? If it is, what is the syntax for calling the other database? My to databases are on the same
server.

Regards Jonas:))

Re: update data in different database

От
Karsten Hilbert
Дата:
> is it possible to write a trigger, using pl/pgSQL, that
> updates tables in a different database than the one the trigger
> is called from? If it is, what is the syntax for calling the
> other database? My to databases are on the same server.
One way I can think of is using dblink from the contrib/
directory. It can be used to connect to another database from
within the one you are primarily connected to.

Karsten
--
GPG key ID E4071346 @ wwwkeys.pgp.net
E167 67FD A291 2BEA 73BD  4537 78B9 A9F9 E407 1346

Re: update data in different database

От
Richard Huxton
Дата:
Henriksen, Jonas F wrote:
> Hi,
>
> is it possible to write a trigger, using pl/pgSQL,  that updates
> tables in a different database than the one the trigger is called
> from? If it is, what is the syntax for calling the other database? My
> to databases are on the same server.

Look into the dblink package in the contrib directory of the source
distribution (or your contrib package)

--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd