Обсуждение: Question regarding the mailing list.

Question regarding the mailing list.

От
Thomas Hallgren
Дата:
On several occations I have replied to mails originating from someone on
the pgsql-general list. I send the reply to:

To: <the person in question>
CC: pgsql-general@postgresql.org

The person in question receives the mail but it never shows up in the
list archive or in the newsgroup. Has anyone here had similar
experiences? What am I doing wrong?

Regards,
Thomas Hallgren

Re: Question regarding the mailing list.

От
Marco Colombo
Дата:
On Fri, 29 Oct 2004, Thomas Hallgren wrote:

> On several occations I have replied to mails originating from someone on the
> pgsql-general list. I send the reply to:
>
> To: <the person in question>
> CC: pgsql-general@postgresql.org
>
> The person in question receives the mail but it never shows up in the list
> archive or in the newsgroup. Has anyone here had similar experiences? What am
> I doing wrong?
>
> Regards,
> Thomas Hallgren

I've seen something similar, but I know it's my fault. I've set a Role up
in Pine, that _should_ change the From: to the correct one. This list
accepts messages only from subscribed users, and, as you may have guessed,
the address I'm subscribed with is different from my main one.
The problem is that sometimes Pine does not switch Role (should do that
automatically) and I simply forget to check before sending.

But the list sends me a 'stalled post' message when that happenes.

.TM.
--
       ____/  ____/   /
      /      /       /            Marco Colombo

Thomas Hallgren
Дата:
Marco,

> I've seen something similar, but I know it's my fault. I've set a Role up
> in Pine, that _should_ change the From: to the correct one. This list
> accepts messages only from subscribed users, and, as you may have
> guessed,
> the address I'm subscribed with is different from my main one.
> The problem is that sometimes Pine does not switch Role (should do that
> automatically) and I simply forget to check before sending.
>
> But the list sends me a 'stalled post' message when that happenes.

Thanks for the tip, but that's cannot be the cause of my problem. I've
double checked the messages that I sent and the "From:" field is
correct. I don't get any 'stalled post' messages either. It's dead silent.

In fact, I have sent 3 mails to you personally on the subject "Reasoning
behind process instead of thread based". One had a CC to the gmane
newsgroup. That one showed up. The other two had a CC to the
pgsql-general list. You got at least one of them (since you replied),
but the list didn't.

Regards,
Thomas Hallgren

Re: Question regarding the mailing list.

От
"Marc G. Fournier"
Дата:
On Fri, 29 Oct 2004, Thomas Hallgren wrote:

> Marco,
>
>> I've seen something similar, but I know it's my fault. I've set a Role up
>> in Pine, that _should_ change the From: to the correct one. This list
>> accepts messages only from subscribed users, and, as you may have guessed,
>> the address I'm subscribed with is different from my main one.
>> The problem is that sometimes Pine does not switch Role (should do that
>> automatically) and I simply forget to check before sending.
>>
>> But the list sends me a 'stalled post' message when that happenes.
>
> Thanks for the tip, but that's cannot be the cause of my problem. I've double
> checked the messages that I sent and the "From:" field is correct. I don't
> get any 'stalled post' messages either. It's dead silent.
>
> In fact, I have sent 3 mails to you personally on the subject "Reasoning
> behind process instead of thread based". One had a CC to the gmane newsgroup.
> That one showed up. The other two had a CC to the pgsql-general list. You got
> at least one of them (since you replied), but the list didn't.

I'm seeing all of your notes, and am not in the CC either ...

----

Re: Question regarding the mailing list.

От
Thomas Hallgren
Дата:
Marc G. Fournier wrote:

> I'm seeing all of your notes, and am not in the CC either ...

You see the posts that doesn't show up in the archives or on the
newsgroups ?!

If you do, you will see exactly 3 posts on the subject "Reasoning behind
process instead of thread based" that are addressed to Marco. Please
note that there's several more posts from me on this particular subject.

- thomas

Re: Question regarding the mailing list.

От
Thomas Hallgren
Дата:
Hmm, I'm using another SMTP server now that actually informs me when it
is unable to deliver. Apparently it bounces intermittently with this
message:

Your message of Fri, 29 Oct 2004 17:08:35 +0200 entitled:

     Re: [GENERAL] Question regarding the mailing list.

could not be delivered to the following recipient(s):

     pgsql-general@postgresql.org -- 200.46.204.209 does not like recipient.
Remote host said: 550 5.7.1 <pgsql-general@postgresql.org>... Relaying
denied
Giving up on 200.46.204.209.