Обсуждение: Replication & BLOBs

Replication & BLOBs

От
Mark Childerson
Дата:
Hi,

Does anyone know of an open source  single master- multi (or single) slave
replication system for Postgresql 7 or 8 which handles BLOBs?

Thanks,

Mark Childerson

Mark Childerson
espressoCode inc.
Ph: 416-963-8793
Fax: 416-963-8643

www.exdocs.com
www.espressocode.com

Re: Replication & BLOBs

От
Tatsuo Ishii
Дата:
pgpool(http://www2b.biglobe.ne.jp/~caco/pgpool/index-e.html) surely
can handle large objects. I don't know any other replication solutions
can handle them.

Be carefull, however, please make sure that the master and the slave
database clusters are physically synced before starting
replication. Also if multiple sessions are going to concurrently
create large objects, you need to make cluster wide explicite
concurrency controls. Otherwise OIDs may not become identical among
master/slave. To accomplish this, you can lock the shared table. For
example,

BEGIN;
LOCK TABLE pg_database;
creating large objec...
--
Tatsuo Ishii

> Does anyone know of an open source  single master- multi (or single) slave
> replication system for Postgresql 7 or 8 which handles BLOBs?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mark Childerson
>

> Mark Childerson
> espressoCode inc.
> Ph: 416-963-8793
> Fax: 416-963-8643
>
> www.exdocs.com
> www.espressocode.com

Re: Replication & BLOBs

От
"Joshua D. Drake"
Дата:
Tatsuo Ishii wrote:

>pgpool(http://www2b.biglobe.ne.jp/~caco/pgpool/index-e.html) surely
>can handle large objects. I don't know any other replication solutions
>can handle them.

Mammoth Replicator can, but it is not open source.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake