Обсуждение: NewsServer down ?

NewsServer down ?

От
Postgre.News.Firma@spamgourmet.net
Дата:
Hi.

There should exist a news-server at:
news://news.postgresql.org/
but I can't connect to it.
It seems does it does not exist.
Even the name can't get resolved.

Is there a new one out there or isn't there one now ?

Cu,
Andreas

PS:
Btw, it got the news-servr from
http://www.postgresql.org/community/lists/
The mailing lists are also available at the PostgreSQL <news server>.
However, in order to post to a list, you must still subscribe to that list
(but it is possible to subscribe without receiving mail).
where <news server> is a link.

Re: NewsServer down ?

От
"Marc G. Fournier"

Just connected to it from here ... is this still providing to be a problem
for you?

On Wed, 2 Feb 2005 Postgre.News.Firma@spamgourmet.net wrote:

> Hi.
>
> There should exist a news-server at:
> but I can't connect to it.
> It seems does it does not exist.
> Even the name can't get resolved.
>
> Is there a new one out there or isn't there one now ?
>
> Cu,
> Andreas
>

> PS:
> Btw, it got the news-servr from
> http://www.postgresql.org/community/lists/
> The mailing lists are also available at the PostgreSQL <news server>.
> However, in order to post to a list, you must still subscribe to that list
> (but it is possible to subscribe without receiving mail).
> where <news server> is a link.

>      subscribe-nomail command to majordomo@postgresql.org so that your

----

Re: NewsServer down ? (PostgreSql.org: trusted sender for your account)

От
"Andreas Duffner"
Дата:
> > There should exist a news-server at: news://news.postgresql.org/
> > but I can't connect to it.
> > It seems does it does not exist.
> > Even the name can't get resolved.

> Just connected to it from here ... is this still providing to
> be a problem
> for you?

Ohhhh, NOW I start thinking. :-(
I think my corporation blocks all but http-traffic.
Sorry, just did not think.

Thanks anyway,
Andreas