Обсуждение: could not load library plperl.so

could not load library plperl.so

От
CSN
Дата:
I configured postgres base+opt with '--with-perl',
make'd, and make install'ed. Trying to add plperl:

createlang -U postgres plperl links

I get this error:

createlang: language installation failed: ERROR:
could not load library
"/usr/lib/postgresql/plperl.so": libperl.so: cannot

plperl.so does exist in /usr/lib/postgresql
(libperl.so does not). I also compiled in plpython,
and createlang appeared to work for that. Any idea
what the problem is?

Thanks,
CSN

http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: could not load library plperl.so

От
Alvaro Herrera
Дата:
On Sun, May 01, 2005 at 05:52:14PM -0700, CSN wrote:

> createlang: language installation failed: ERROR:
> could not load library
> "/usr/lib/postgresql/plperl.so": libperl.so: cannot

You need your Perl installation to have libperl as a shared library.  On
some linux distros, it works to install the perl-dev or perl-devel
package.  On other systems, you may need to recompile your Perl package.

"I call it GNU/Linux. Except the GNU/ is silent." (Ben Reiter)

Re: could not load library plperl.so

Дата:
CSN <cool_screen_name90001@yahoo.com> writes:
> createlang: language installation failed: ERROR:
> could not load library
> "/usr/lib/postgresql/plperl.so": libperl.so: cannot

Notice it's complaining about libperl.so, not plperl.so.

This is probably because libperl.so isn't in your ldconfig search path.
Before PG 8.0 it's necessary to add the directory where Perl keeps that
file to your ldconfig configuration.

If you *are* using 8.0, then please explain exactly what platform
you're on and what your Perl installation is.

            regards, tom lane

Re: could not load library plperl.so

От
CSN
Дата:
--- Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> CSN <cool_screen_name90001@yahoo.com> writes:
> > createlang: language installation failed: ERROR:
> > could not load library
> > "/usr/lib/postgresql/plperl.so": libperl.so:
> cannot
> > open shared object file: No such file or directory
>
> Notice it's complaining about libperl.so, not
> plperl.so.
>
> This is probably because libperl.so isn't in your
> ldconfig search path.
> Before PG 8.0 it's necessary to add the directory
> where Perl keeps that
> file to your ldconfig configuration.
>
> If you *are* using 8.0, then please explain exactly
> what platform
> you're on and what your Perl installation is.
>
>             regards, tom lane

Yeah, I did 'ln
/usr/lib/perl5/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi/CORE/libperl.so
/usr/lib/libperl.so' and 'createlang plperl dbname'
worked without complaining (I should probably use
ldconfig instead). I'm using 7.4.7 (will probably
upgrade to 8.x pretty soon).

CSN

http://mail.yahoo.com