Обсуждение: Postgresql and logs

Postgresql and logs

От
Hrishikesh Deshmukh
Дата:
Hi All,

My sincere apologies if this is a re-post.
 Where can i find more information on "user actions", i.e. say a user
 logins in and does some querying via sql and then uses perl/c/c++
 language to do some more querying. So how does postgresql keep track of
 "user actions" in a sequential order?

Hrishi

Re: Postgresql and logs

От
Scott Marlowe
Дата:
On Tue, 2005-05-17 at 15:39, Hrishikesh Deshmukh wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> My sincere apologies if this is a re-post.
>  Where can i find more information on "user actions", i.e. say a user
>  logins in and does some querying via sql and then uses perl/c/c++
>  language to do some more querying. So how does postgresql keep track of
>  "user actions" in a sequential order?

That would be logging.  Take a look here:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/static/runtime-config.html