Обсуждение: Connection local variables?

Connection local variables?

От
"Steve - DND"
Дата:
Is there a way to create a variable specific to the current working
connection? Like a connection context or some such? I'm trying to take a
variable in a query, and allow it to be used by a rule.

Thanks,
Steve

Re: Connection local variables?

От
Richard Huxton
Дата:
Steve - DND wrote:
> Is there a way to create a variable specific to the current working
> connection? Like a connection context or some such? I'm trying to take a
> variable in a query, and allow it to be used by a rule.

You can create functions in a language that allows global storage.
Search in the archives for "app_session tcl" for examples of what I use.
   http://archives.postgresql.org/

--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd