Обсуждение: dbf to pgsql

dbf to pgsql

От
"Piotr"
Дата:
Hi,
Im lookig for tool to regulary transfer data from dbf files into pgsql.
Would be excellent if the tool would have data tranformation
possibility.

regards
Peter

Re: dbf to pgsql

От
Havasvölgyi Ottó
Дата:
Peter,

There is a dbf2pg in the contrib library, I have tried to use it, but I had
some probems with it: I had a numeric field whose decimal length was 0.
Dbf2pg couldn't handle this situation, it said that it has an illegel number
format. So I had to generate manually a big convertion script, and I fed to
psql.
EMS has a Data Import tool, it can handle DBF too.

Best Regards,
Otto

> Im lookig for tool to regulary transfer data from dbf files into pgsql.
> Would be excellent if the tool would have data tranformation
> possibility.
>
> regards
> Peter

>       match

explain analyzing a query inside an sql stored procedure

От
Havasvölgyi Ottó
Дата:
Hi,

Is there any easy way to explain analyze a query, which is inside an sql
stored procedure? I could of course copy the query out of the procedure, and
explain analyze it but this is a slower process. I would do this with a lot
of procedures, that's why it should be fast.

create function myquery() returns setof record as $$
    select * from mytable; --this is a set returning query
$$ language sql;

explain analyze select * from myquery();

For me this shows function scan, and not the plan of the query itself.

Best Regards,
Otto

Re: dbf to pgsql

От
Adrian Klaver
Дата:
On Thursday 04 August 2005 01:42 am, Piotr wrote:
You might to take a look at the following.
http://www.klaban.torun.pl/prog/pg2xbase/

--
Adrian Klaver
aklaver@comcast.net

Re: dbf to pgsql

От
Brent Wood

On Thu, 4 Aug 2005, Piotr wrote:

> Hi,
> Im lookig for tool to regulary transfer data from dbf files into pgsql.
> Would be excellent if the tool would have data tranformation
> possibility.

A simplistic approach but workable would be to use the dbfinfo/dbfdump
programs which are part of the shapelib tools at www.maptools.org.

These allow you to dump the data description & data itself as text which
could then be COPY'd into a table built in Postgres.

An ODBC link may also work, but it's not something I've tried, (I have a
feeling there is an ODBC driver for dbf files, if not then the above dumps
can be opened with teh ODBC text driver & transferred to Postgres.

Brent Wood