Обсуждение: Anybody using PostGIS?

Anybody using PostGIS?

От
CSN
Дата:
I've been meaning to try out PostGIS and see what it
is capable of. Is anybody using it? Do you have
accompanying URLs?

Thanks,
CSN

__________________________________
Yahoo! Music Unlimited
http://music.yahoo.com/unlimited/

Re: Anybody using PostGIS?

От
Michael Glaesemann
Дата:
On Oct 17, 2005, at 12:47 , CSN wrote:

> I've been meaning to try out PostGIS and see what it
> is capable of. Is anybody using it? Do you have
> accompanying URLs?

The best place to get information on PostGIS is from the PostGIS
site. You may want to join their mailing list as well.
http://postgis.refractions.net/

Michael Glaesemann
grzm myrealbox com

Re: Anybody using PostGIS?

От
Rick Morris
CSN wrote:
> I've been meaning to try out PostGIS and see what it
> is capable of. Is anybody using it? Do you have
> accompanying URLs?

Yes: www.anisite.com (see http://www.anisite.com/state.php?state=FL). I
am using it to serve dynamic layers for UMN Mapserver. Setup was fairly
easy, and it chugs along great even on a low-end Sempron with 384 MB
RAM. Provides a nice way to get interactive info into a mapping system.

Regards,

Rick

> Thanks,
> CSN
>

> __________________________________
> Yahoo! Music Unlimited
> http://music.yahoo.com/unlimited/

Re: Anybody using PostGIS?

От
Oleg
Дата:
Yes, we are using PostGIS with JUMP GIS.
http://www.jump-project.org/
http://openjump.org

CSN schrieb:

>I've been meaning to try out PostGIS and see what it
>is capable of. Is anybody using it? Do you have
>accompanying URLs?
>
>Thanks,
>CSN
>

>__________________________________
>Yahoo! Music Unlimited
>Access over 1 million songs. Try it free.
>http://music.yahoo.com/unlimited/

>TIP 5: don't forget to increase your free space map settings

Re: Anybody using PostGIS?

От
Devrim GUNDUZ
Дата:
Hi,

On Sun, 16 Oct 2005, CSN wrote:

> I've been meaning to try out PostGIS and see what it
> is capable of. Is anybody using it? Do you have
> accompanying URLs?

There are mailing lists for PostGIS-related questions.

See http://www.PostGIS.org for the details.

Regards,
--
Devrim GUNDUZ
Kivi Bilişim Teknolojileri - http://www.kivi.com.tr

Re: Anybody using PostGIS?

От
"Onyx"
Дата:
CSN,
We use PostGIS extensively on our DataDoors product
[http://www.datadoors.net].

- Onyx
---
Onyx Mueller
Software Engineer
i-cubed : information integration & imaging LLC
201 Linden Street : Third Floor
Fort Collins, CO  80524
970-482-4400 voice
970-482-4499 fax
www.i3.com

Re: Anybody using PostGIS?

От
Brent Wood

On Sun, 16 Oct 2005, CSN wrote:

> I've been meaning to try out PostGIS and see what it
> is capable of. Is anybody using it? Do you have
> accompanying URLs?

www.postgis.org is the obvious one, which probably doesn't help much :-)

I'm using it extensively, underlying a few reasonably functional GIS
systems using JUMP & QGIS to view PostGIS tables as GIS map layers.

I've also used Postgis for some interesting spatial overlay analysis
with some antarctic data (well, I thought they were interesting),
entirely done with SQL.

I have a PC with NX server running (just a demo right now), which also has
Postgis & QGIS installed. If you contact me off list I can give you a
login & you can see for yourself (email: pcreso@pcreso.com).
The NX client is freely available from www.nomachine.com. If you don't
like NX, you can ssh in, but it is slower.

Cheers,

  Brent Wood