Обсуждение: Anyone know of a Schema Comparer

Anyone know of a Schema Comparer

От
"Paul Newman"

We will have anything upto 400 schema in our db. Each Schema is a replica of a “master” schema. Can anyone recommend a tool that we can compare our master schema to any given target schema which will then generate an update script which can subsequently be executed ? We have looked at EMS comparer and few others but all seem to compare one entire db with another.

Regards

Paul Newman

Re: Anyone know of a Schema Comparer

От
Hannes Dorbath
Дата:
On 25.10.2005 08:19, Paul Newman wrote:
We have looked at EMS comparer and few others but all seem to compare
one entire db with another.

We had the same problem. EMS DB comparer has this limitation, but it's
probably the best tool out there. We solved it be wrapping the command
line version in a little script, that dumps the DDL (no data) of the two
schemas and loads them into a sync_from and sync_to database. Not
pretty, but works well.

--
Regards,
Hannes Dorbath

Re: Anyone know of a Schema Comparer

От
David Pradier
Дата:
Hi Paul,

why not simply pg_dump your database and then restore only the chosen
schema on 2 new databases ?
Then you can use your software comparers.

Making a script that dump and restore only the chosen schemas should be 3
lines shell script.

Regards,
David

--
David Pradier -- Directeur Technique de Clarisys Informatique -- Chef de projet logiciels libres / open-source