Обсуждение: Postgresql 8

Postgresql 8

От
Bob Pawley
Дата:
I am running version 8 on Windows.

Why do I get error messages stating that functions and/or tables do not exist when these tables and functions are visible, accessible and very much do exist, as called?

Bob Pawley

Re: Postgresql 8

От
"Dann Corbit"

What exactly do those messages say?

How are you using the functions?

From: pgsql-general-owner@postgresql.org [mailto:pgsql-general-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of Bob Pawley
Sent: Wednesday, October 26, 2005 11:42 AM
To: Postgre General
Subject: [GENERAL] Postgresql 8

I am running version 8 on Windows.

Why do I get error messages stating that functions and/or tables do not exist when these tables and functions are visible, accessible and very much do exist, as called?

Bob Pawley

Re: Postgresql 8

От
Bricklen Anderson
Дата:
Bob Pawley wrote:
> I am running version 8 on Windows.
>
> Why do I get error messages stating that functions and/or tables do not
> exist when these tables and functions are visible, accessible and very
> much do exist, as called?
>
> Bob Pawley

It would probably help if you supplied some more details, such as how you
"called" them, and how you tested that they are visible etc. Did you create them
 enclosed in double quotes?

eg.
dev=# create table "Foo" (x date);
CREATE TABLE

dev=# select * from Foo;
ERROR:  relation "foo" does not exist

dev=# select * from "Foo";
---
(0 rows)

--
_______________________________

_______________________________

Re: Postgresql 8

От
Scott Marlowe
Дата:
On Wed, 2005-10-26 at 13:41, Bob Pawley wrote:
> I am running version 8 on Windows.
>
> Why do I get error messages stating that functions and/or tables do
> not exist when these tables and functions are visible, accessible and
> very much do exist, as called?

The best way to get help with these things is to post a "test case" that
shows us exactly how you get this error.  Create table, create function,
insert rows of data, run select, boom ERROR.  If you have one of those,
we can help you quite a bit more than trying to mind read what exactly
the problem might be you're having.

Re: Postgresql 8

От
John DeSoi
Дата:
On Oct 26, 2005, at 2:41 PM, Bob Pawley wrote:

> I am running version 8 on Windows.
>
> Why do I get error messages stating that functions and/or tables do
> not exist when these tables and functions are visible, accessible
> and very much do exist, as called?
>
> Bob Pawley

Most likely cause is the schema_path is set wrong or the tables/
functions have been created using quoted names (e.g. "myTable") and
you are calling them without quotes. PostgreSQL folds identifier
names to lower case unless you double quote them.

John DeSoi, Ph.D.
http://pgedit.com/
Power Tools for PostgreSQL

Re: Postgresql 8

От
"Dann Corbit"
Дата:

He could also be calling the functions with the wrong signature (e.g.
create numeric functions and then call them with doubles without using a
cast).

Without more information, trying to help is a shot in the dark.