Обсуждение: About not to see insertion result "INSERT 0 1"

About not to see insertion result "INSERT 0 1"

От
Emi Lu
Дата:
Greetings,

I tried to run insert command from a .sql file. For example, in a.sql
file there are 100,000 lines like
insert into t1 values(... ...);
insert into t1 values(... ...);
insert into t1 values(... ...);
... ...

I do not want to see the 100,000 times "INSERT 0 1"  displayed by
postgreSQL. Is there a way to hide the output "INSERT 0 1" generated by
postgresql ?

Thanks a lot!
Emi

Re: About not to see insertion result "INSERT 0 1"

Дата:
Emi Lu <emilu@cs.concordia.ca> writes:
> I do not want to see the 100,000 times "INSERT 0 1"  displayed by
> postgreSQL. Is there a way to hide the output "INSERT 0 1" generated by
> postgresql ?

"psql -q" I think ... read the man page.

            regards, tom lane

Re: About not to see insertion result "INSERT 0 1"

От
Devrim GUNDUZ
Дата:

Re: About not to see insertion result "INSERT 0 1"

От
Emi Lu
Дата:
Thanks a lot! That is exactly what I want.

- Emi

> On Mon, 21 Nov 2005, Emi Lu wrote:
>
>> Is there a way to hide the output "INSERT 0 1" generated by postgresql ?
>

> Use psql with -q.
>
> Regards,
> - --
> Devrim GUNDUZ
> Kivi Bilişim Teknolojileri - http://www.kivi.com.tr
> devrim~gunduz.org, devrim~PostgreSQL.org, devrim.gunduz~linux.org.tr
>                       http://www.gunduz.org

Re: About not to see insertion result "INSERT 0 1"

От
Sven Willenberger

Emi Lu presumably uttered the following on 11/21/05 15:40:
> Greetings,
>
> I tried to run insert command from a .sql file. For example, in a.sql
> file there are 100,000 lines like
> insert into t1 values(... ...);
> insert into t1 values(... ...);
> insert into t1 values(... ...);
> ... ...
>
> I do not want to see the 100,000 times "INSERT 0 1"  displayed by
> postgreSQL. Is there a way to hide the output "INSERT 0 1" generated by
> postgresql ?
>
> Thanks a lot!
> Emi

Depending on how your application works, you would probably see a marked
speed increase by using the copy command rather than 100k insert lines.
The file could just be your Values(...) section which could then be
sucked in via copy.

Sven