Обсуждение: OpenOffice 2 and Postgresql 8.1 How to?

OpenOffice 2 and Postgresql 8.1 How to?

От
Jerry LeVan
Дата:
Are there any (detailed) instructions available on how
to connect OpenOffice 2 and Postgresql 8.1.

I have the jdbc driver(s) from postgresql.org...

I am running FC4 and have access to DB's on a Mac
and the Linux box.

Thanks,

Jerry

Re: OpenOffice 2 and Postgresql 8.1 How to?

От
"Matthew T. O'Connor"
Дата:
Jerry LeVan wrote:
> Are there any (detailed) instructions available on how
> to connect OpenOffice 2 and Postgresql 8.1.
>
> I have the jdbc driver(s) from postgresql.org...
>
> I am running FC4 and have access to DB's on a Mac
> and the Linux box.

This would be a helpful thing to have.  I know there is a native OOo
driver that was in development but hasn't been updated in quite a
while.  I would love to see that get included in the main OOo
distribution.

http://dba.openoffice.org/drivers/postgresql/

Anyone have any information on this?

Matt

Re: OpenOffice 2 and Postgresql 8.1 How to?

От
Tino Wildenhain
Дата:
Am Montag, den 12.12.2005, 15:26 -0500 schrieb Matthew T. O'Connor:
> Jerry LeVan wrote:
> > Are there any (detailed) instructions available on how
> > to connect OpenOffice 2 and Postgresql 8.1.
> >
> > I have the jdbc driver(s) from postgresql.org...
> >
> > I am running FC4 and have access to DB's on a Mac
> > and the Linux box.
>
> This would be a helpful thing to have.  I know there is a native OOo
> driver that was in development but hasn't been updated in quite a
> while.  I would love to see that get included in the main OOo
> distribution.
>
> http://dba.openoffice.org/drivers/postgresql/
>
> Anyone have any information on this?

This one worked fine with OO.org 1.x
but does not anymore with OO.org 2.x
(It appears to be registered but just
does not appear in the list of available
database types)

I'd really like to see it return and
maybe becommign part of OO.org.

Re: OpenOffice 2 and Postgresql 8.1 How to?

От
"Joshua D. Drake"
Дата:
On Mon, 2005-12-12 at 15:26 -0500, Matthew T. O'Connor wrote:
> Jerry LeVan wrote:
> > Are there any (detailed) instructions available on how
> > to connect OpenOffice 2 and Postgresql 8.1.
> >
> > I have the jdbc driver(s) from postgresql.org...
> >
> > I am running FC4 and have access to DB's on a Mac
> > and the Linux box.

It should be noted that both the PgODBC driver and ODBCng work great
with Open Office.

Joshua D. Drake

Co-Authors: PLphp, PLperl, ODBCng - http://www.commandprompt.com/

Re: OpenOffice 2 and Postgresql 8.1 How to?

От
John Gray
Дата:
On Mon, 12 Dec 2005 21:34:42 +0100, Tino Wildenhain wrote:

> Am Montag, den 12.12.2005, 15:26 -0500 schrieb Matthew T. O'Connor:
>> Jerry LeVan wrote:
>> > Are there any (detailed) instructions available on how to connect
>> > OpenOffice 2 and Postgresql 8.1.
>> >
>> > I have the jdbc driver(s) from postgresql.org...
>> >
>> > I am running FC4 and have access to DB's on a Mac and the Linux box.
>>
>> This would be a helpful thing to have.  I know there is a native OOo
>> driver that was in development but hasn't been updated in quite a while.
>>  I would love to see that get included in the main OOo distribution.
>>
>> http://dba.openoffice.org/drivers/postgresql/
>>
>> Anyone have any information on this?
>
> This one worked fine with OO.org 1.x
> but does not anymore with OO.org 2.x
> (It appears to be registered but just does not appear in the list of
> available database types)

It worked for me (using version sdbc driver v0.6.2 and oO.o 2.0) - the
biggest drawback is that it includes pg_catalog and information_schema in
the table selection boxes - with public at the end!

The instructions for the dba setup are either non-existent or incorrect,
so you need to have a spirit of adventure about you (eg: the connection
string to provide is just the "host=somehost dbname=xyz" bit - you don't
need the sdbc:postgresql: prefix.)

Regards

John