Обсуждение: just an inconvenience, or.... : failed queries don't appear in the log anymore since v8.?.?

just an inconvenience, or.... : failed queries don't appear in the log anymore since v8.?.?

От
Frank van Vugt
Дата:
Hi,

I may be overlooking some option here, but somewhere between the v7 series and
the current v8.1.1 that I'm using, failed queries stopped being logged, only
the error message appears in the log (config option log_statement = all).

I.e. executing

    select 1 2;

will result in just the logging of

    ERROR:  syntax error at or near "2" at character 10

Earlier versions logged the failed query as well, which made it a lot easier
to cut&paste queries generated by applications in development in order to
hunt down the problem.

- psql follows up on the error by printing the line where it occured

- setting log_error_verbosity to 'verbose' doesn't log the query itself either

Is there a way to get the failed query into the log, or should it have been
there in the first place?

--
Best,

Frank.

Re: just an inconvenience, or.... : failed queries don't appear in the log anymore since v8.?.?

Дата:
Frank van Vugt <ftm.van.vugt@foxi.nl> writes:
> I may be overlooking some option here, but somewhere between the v7 series and
> the current v8.1.1 that I'm using, failed queries stopped being logged, only
> the error message appears in the log (config option log_statement = all).

See log_min_error_statement ...

            regards, tom lane

Re: just an inconvenience, or.... : failed queries don't appear in the log anymore since v8.?.?

От
Vivek Khera
Дата:
On Dec 28, 2005, at 9:46 AM, Frank van Vugt wrote:

> I may be overlooking some option here, but somewhere between the v7
> series and
> the current v8.1.1 that I'm using, failed queries stopped being
> logged, only
> the error message appears in the log (config option log_statement =
> all).
>
> I.e. executing
>
>     select 1 2;
>
> will result in just the logging of
>
>     ERROR:  syntax error at or near "2" at character 10

You want to set

log_min_error_statement = error

in your postgresql.conf file.  The default value of 'panic' seems
less than useful to me.

Re: just an inconvenience, or.... : failed queries don't appear in the log anymore since v8.?.?

От
"Jim C. Nasby"
Дата:
decibel=# set log_min_error_statement=error;
SET
decibel=# select 1 2;
ERROR:  syntax error at or near "2" at character 10
LINE 1: select 1 2;
                 ^
decibel=# \q
decibel@phonebook.1[11:47]~:21%tail -n 2 /opt/local/var/log/pgsql8/postgres.log
ERROR:  syntax error at or near "2" at character 10
STATEMENT:  select 1 2;
decibel@phonebook.1[11:47]~:22%