Обсуждение: Data types

Data types

От
"Jonel Rienton"
Дата:
Hi guys,

Does Postgres store all the possible column datatypes somewhere in its
system tables?  Like int8, int4, character varying, etc. I'm trying to write
another GUI client that can list all the database objects in Postgres.
Thanks.

Regards,

Jonel

--
I know not english well, but I know 9 computer languages.

Re: Data types

От
Michael Fuhr
Дата:
On Fri, Dec 30, 2005 at 12:57:57PM -0600, Jonel Rienton wrote:
> Does Postgres store all the possible column datatypes somewhere in its
> system tables?  Like int8, int4, character varying, etc. I'm trying to write
> another GUI client that can list all the database objects in Postgres.

See "System Catalogs" in the documentation; here's a link to the
latest version:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/interactive/catalogs.html

You might also want to check out the Information Schema, which is
defined in the SQL standard.

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/interactive/information-schema.html

--
Michael Fuhr

Re: Data types

От
James Cradock
Дата:
Try pg_type. typname should give you what you're looking for.

On Dec 30, 2005, at 1:57 PM, Jonel Rienton wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> Does Postgres store all the possible column datatypes somewhere in its
> system tables?  Like int8, int4, character varying, etc. I'm trying
> to write
> another GUI client that can list all the database objects in Postgres.
> Thanks.
>
> Regards,
>
> Jonel
>
> --
> I know not english well, but I know 9 computer languages.
>
> --
> 12/30/2005

Re: Data types

От
"Jonel Rienton"
Дата:
Thank you gentlemen, this will keep me busy for a while.