Обсуждение: Access a temporary table of another session - is it possible ?

Access a temporary table of another session - is it possible ?

От
Csaba Nagy
Дата:
Hi all,

As the subject says, I would like to access a temporary table of another
session, while being the postgres superuser. Is this possible somehow ?
The problem is that I lost the terminal of the other session and I
really would like to see the results (even if partial) of some long
running operations... pg_stats_activity still shows the query running
against that table, so I still have a chance that the table actually
exists.

Thanks,
Csaba.

Re: Access a temporary table of another session - is it possible ?

Дата:
Csaba Nagy <nagy@ecircle-ag.com> writes:
> As the subject says, I would like to access a temporary table of another
> session, while being the postgres superuser. Is this possible somehow ?

No.  It is not a matter of permissions, it is a matter of physically not
having access to the data: buffers for temp tables are private to
individual backends, not shared, for performance reasons.

            regards, tom lane