Обсуждение: pgplsql and notifications

pgplsql and notifications

От
Kenéz Attila
Дата:
Hi all,

I would like to implement a function in plpgsql (or sql if it is possible)
that can say me if I had some notification of some listened table. I mean
something like this:

create procedure do_i_have_notifications(text) returns boolean as '
' language (plpg)sql;

(or:

create procedure received_notifications() returns setof text as '
' langugae (plpg)sql;
)

Is there a way to do this?

Thanks,

    Attila Kenéz

Re: pgplsql and notifications

Дата:
=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Ken=E9z_Attila?= <akenez@energo-szoft.hu> writes:
> I would like to implement a function in plpgsql (or sql if it is possible)
> that can say me if I had some notification of some listened table.

Notifications are delivered to the client (and then promptly forgotten
by the backend).  There is no way to track accumulated notifications
except on the client side.

            regards, tom lane