Обсуждение: Commit rules or Commit trigger

Commit rules or Commit trigger

От
"Claudio Tognolo"
Дата:
I am developing a temporal database and I have the necessity to control the integrity constraints befor the commit of the transiction.
I cannot use the deferrable checking because the integrity constraints is a select and i cannot use the trigger or rule because
the event parameter not support the commit event.
You have some idea?

Thanks

Claudio Tognolo
claudio.tognolo@gmail.com
Department of Computer Science - Verona, Italy
-----
Fight back spam! Download the Blue Frog.
http://www.bluesecurity.com/register/s?user=Y2xhdWRpby50b2dub2xvMzkzMQ%3D%3D

Re: Commit rules or Commit trigger

От
Vivek Khera

On Apr 24, 2006, at 9:37 AM, Claudio Tognolo wrote:

I am developing a temporal database and I have the necessity to control the integrity constraints befor the commit of the transiction.
I cannot use the deferrable checking because the integrity constraints is a select and i cannot use the trigger or rule because
the event parameter not support the commit event.
You have some idea?

My understanding is that deferred constraints are not checked until commit time, which seems to be what you want.  Why do you believe otherwise?

Re: Commit rules or Commit trigger

От
Bruno Wolff III
Дата:
On Thu, Apr 27, 2006 at 10:17:51 -0400,
  Vivek Khera <vivek@khera.org> wrote:

> On Apr 24, 2006, at 9:37 AM, Claudio Tognolo wrote:
>
> >I am developing a temporal database and I have the necessity to
> >control the integrity constraints befor the commit of the transiction.
> >I cannot use the deferrable checking because the integrity
> >constraints is a select and i cannot use the trigger or rule because
> >the event parameter not support the commit event.
> >You have some idea?
>
> My understanding is that deferred constraints are not checked until
> commit time, which seems to be what you want.  Why do you believe
> otherwise?

But you aren't really allowed to do selects in constraints even though you
can make Postgres do that in a way that partly works. You need to enforce
these constraints with an after trigger.