Обсуждение: logfiles filling up

logfiles filling up

От
Erik Myllymaki
Дата:
I'm running Postgresql 8.1.3 on Windows 2003.

logfiles fill with the following line:

"SSL SYSCALL error: A blocking operation was interrupted by a call to
WSACancelBlockingCall."

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Re: logfiles filling up

От
Erik Myllymaki
Дата:
I will add to my initial post:

This is a fresh install with a small database (30MB over 12 tables), no other
applications on this server and only one user - it's a development machine.

And when I say the logfiles "fill up" I mean the entire partition fills,
rapidly, until there is "no room left on device".

The last time this happened it took less than 10 minutes for 7GB to fill.

Seems to happen every couple of days.

Shutting down Postgres and removing the logfiles, and then restarting Postgres
fixes things temporarily.

Erik Myllymaki wrote:
> I'm running Postgresql 8.1.3 on Windows 2003.
>
> logfiles fill with the following line:
>
> "SSL SYSCALL error: A blocking operation was interrupted by a call to
> WSACancelBlockingCall."
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks.

>       match

Re: logfiles filling up

От
"Magnus Hagander"
Дата:
Do you actively use SSL on this server?

//Magnus

Re: logfiles filling up

От
Erik Myllymaki
Дата:
yes I do.

Magnus Hagander wrote:
> Do you actively use SSL on this server?
>
> //Magnus

Re: logfiles filling up

От
"Magnus Hagander"
Дата:
hm. Ok.
The log file contains a PID field, IIRC. Does that PID:
1) Stay the same, or change?
2) Match postmaster, or postgres.exe? If postgres.exe, is it just a
backend?
3) If it's just a backend, is it enough to kill off that backend?

//Magnus

Дата:
I don't see any kind of PID in the logfiles at all, just lines and lines of:

2006-05-02 23:03:28 LOG:  SSL SYSCALL error: A blocking operation was
interrupted by a call to WSACancelBlockingCall.

2006-05-02 23:03:28 LOG:  SSL SYSCALL error: A blocking operation was
interrupted by a call to WSACancelBlockingCall.

2006-05-02 23:03:28 LOG:  SSL SYSCALL error: A blocking operation was
interrupted by a call to WSACancelBlockingCall.

etc.

When this trouble happens, these logfiles are each 10-12 MB in size and there
are ~10 produced every minute until the disk fills.

Magnus Hagander wrote:
> hm. Ok.
> The log file contains a PID field, IIRC. Does that PID:
> 1) Stay the same, or change?
> 2) Match postmaster, or postgres.exe? If postgres.exe, is it just a
> backend?
> 3) If it's just a backend, is it enough to kill off that backend?
>
> //Magnus

Дата:
Hmm. I tohught we had PID as default, apparntly we don't.

Try setting log_line_prefix to something containing %p (for process pid)
- probably "%t %p ", unless you have changed things from the default.

Then restart the server and wait for the next time it happens :-(

//Magnus