Обсуждение: compiling source code!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

compiling source code!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

От
sibel karaasma
Дата:
Hi I'm a new postgresql user. I wrote ACO (ant colony optimazition) and
want to replace it with GEQO in postres/src/backend/optimizer but I don't know how
to compile and run the source code :(

  I installed postgresql-8.1.3 and cygwin but I can not use them to
compile the source code. I want to compare GEQO and ACO optimizers performance using a small database

  Can you help me???????

Re: compiling source code!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

От
Richard Huxton
Дата:
sibel karaasma wrote:
> Hi I'm a new postgresql user. I wrote ACO (ant colony optimazition) and
> want to replace it with GEQO in postres/src/backend/optimizer but I don't know how
> to compile and run the source code :(
>
>   I installed postgresql-8.1.3 and cygwin but I can not use them to
> compile the source code. I want to compare GEQO and ACO optimizers performance using a small database

Sibel, a couple of points.

1. You've posted this to several different mailing lists. See which one
looks best and stick to it.

2. You haven't provided any details of where your problem is.

Are you running cygwin instead of min-gw? Why did you choose this?
How far have you got compiling PostgreSQL? Configure? Make? Install? Run?
What error messages do you get and when do you get them?

Have you read the relevant documentation (the online manual,
installation chapter and the relevant docs in the source distribution)?

Post back to this mailing list (or perhaps the win32 one) once you have
some details.

See you soon!
--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd

Re: compiling source code!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

От
"Dann Corbit"

Using MINGW  (All operations assume that you are using the bash shell and have your environment set up for GCC, make, etc):

  1. Go to the PostgreSQL source root directory (wherever you put it) via cd
  2. Execute : ./configure
  3. Execute : make
  4. Execute : make install

You are ready to go.  It’s really easy.

I would guess it works the same under Cygwin, but I have not tried it.