Обсуждение: LDAP authentication

LDAP authentication

От
Дата:
Hello,

I saw many messages about ldap authentication but I´m still not sure if
PostgreSQL can use it?

Can I use it? Should I apply some patch before? Where can I find some doc
about?

Reimer

Re: LDAP authentication

От
"Florian G. Pflug"
Дата:
carlosreimer@terra.com.br wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I saw many messages about ldap authentication but I´m still not sure if
> PostgreSQL can use it?
Are you using windows or unix? On unix, postgresql can use pam
(pluggable authentication modules) for authentication. There are
pam modules for about any authentication schema you can image, including
ldap.

> Can I use it? Should I apply some patch before? Where can I find some doc
> about?
Just compile a version of postgres that includes pam support (Most
binary packages already include that), add a line containing
"all all 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 pam" to pg_hba.conf, and create a
/etc/pam.d/postgres file.

greetings, Florian Pflug

RES: LDAP authentication

От
Дата:
> Are you using windows or unix? On unix, postgresql can use pam

We are using a mix of windows and unix+linux and I think PAM can not be used
with windows. Am I right?

Is there another way?

Re: RES: LDAP authentication

От
"Florian G. Pflug"
Дата:
carlosreimer@terra.com.br wrote:
>> Are you using windows or unix? On unix, postgresql can use pam
>
> We are using a mix of windows and unix+linux and I think PAM can not be used
> with windows. Am I right?
>
> Is there another way?
Not that I would know...

But try googling around for pam and windows. Theres are rather large change
the someone already ported pam.

I guess compiling pam using cygwin would be quite straight-forward - but since
AFAIK postgres on win32 doesn't use cygwin, you'd have to figure out if a non-cygwin
app can link to cygwin-based libs.

greetings, Florian Pflug

Re: LDAP authentication

От
"codeWarrior"
Дата:
May I suggest you take a look at www.openldap.org and the following:
http://www.samse.fr/GPL/ldap_pg/HOWTO/

<carlosreimer@terra.com.br> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I saw many messages about ldap authentication but I�m still not sure if
> PostgreSQL can use it?
>
> Can I use it? Should I apply some patch before? Where can I find some doc
> about?
>
> Reimer

> TIP 2: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

Re: LDAP authentication

От
Scott Marlowe
Дата:
On Fri, 2006-05-26 at 10:55, codeWarrior wrote:
> May I suggest you take a look at www.openldap.org and the following:
> http://www.samse.fr/GPL/ldap_pg/HOWTO/

Note that that's more about backing LDAP with PostgreSQL, not the other
way around.

still a good faq though

Re: RES: LDAP authentication

От
Rafal Pietrak
Дата:
On Fri, 2006-05-26 at 17:38 +0200, Florian G. Pflug wrote:
> carlosreimer@terra.com.br wrote:
> >> Are you using windows or unix? On unix, postgresql can use pam
> >
> > We are using a mix of windows and unix+linux and I think PAM can not be used
> > with windows. Am I right?
> >
> > Is there another way?
> Not that I would know...

I think there is pam-smb, that comes with SAMBA, and can authenticate
agains NT-domain controller (or samba acting as one).

SAMBA in turn can be configured to authenticate against LDAP.

--
-R

Re: LDAP authentication

От
Jorge Godoy
Дата:
Em Sexta 26 Maio 2006 12:55, codeWarrior escreveu:
> May I suggest you take a look at www.openldap.org and the following:
> http://www.samse.fr/GPL/ldap_pg/HOWTO/

This looks like the opposite: the HOWTO above is for LDAP using PostgreSQL as
backend not PostgreSQL using LDAP to authenticate.

--
Jorge Godoy           <jgodoy@gmail.com>