Обсуждение: 010.pgsql.sh does not react

010.pgsql.sh does not react

От
"pobox@verysmall.org"
Дата:
I did a clean install of 8.0.8 from ports on FreeBSD 5.4 and tried -

./010.pgsql.sh start
./010.pgsql.sh initdb

but there was no reaction.

This worked normal -

/usr/local/bin/initdb -D /usr/local/pgsql/data

Also

./010.pgsql.sh initdb

works in clean install if I put postgresql_enable="YES" in /etc/rc.conf
and reboot.

Why isn't

./010.pgsql.sh start
./010.pgsql.sh initdb

working? Am I doing something wrong?

Iv

Re: 010.pgsql.sh does not react

От
Alban Hertroys
Дата:
pobox@verysmall.org wrote:
> Why isn't
>
> ./010.pgsql.sh start
> ./010.pgsql.sh initdb
>
> working? Am I doing something wrong?

You need to add postgresql_enable="YES" to your /etc/rc.conf.
This changed in FreeBSD 6.

--
Alban Hertroys
alban@magproductions.nl

magproductions b.v.

T: ++31(0)534346874
F: ++31(0)534346876
M:
I: www.magproductions.nl
A: Postbus 416
    7500 AK Enschede

// Integrate Your World //

Re: 010.pgsql.sh does not react

От
"pobox@verysmall.org"
Дата:
Alban Hertroys wrote:
> pobox@verysmall.org wrote:
>> Why isn't
>>
>> ./010.pgsql.sh start
>> ./010.pgsql.sh initdb
>>
>> working? Am I doing something wrong?
>
> You need to add postgresql_enable="YES" to your /etc/rc.conf.
> This changed in FreeBSD 6.

I did that and it worked. Was just wondering what's wrong with 010...

Thanks,
Iv

Re: 010.pgsql.sh does not react

От
Alban Hertroys
Дата:
pobox@verysmall.org wrote:
> I did that and it worked. Was just wondering what's wrong with 010...

Nothing at all ;)

--
Alban Hertroys
alban@magproductions.nl

magproductions b.v.

T: ++31(0)534346874
F: ++31(0)534346876
M:
I: www.magproductions.nl
A: Postbus 416
    7500 AK Enschede

// Integrate Your World //

Re: 010.pgsql.sh does not react

От
"pobox@verysmall.org"
Дата:
Alban Hertroys wrote:
> pobox@verysmall.org wrote:
>> I did that and it worked. Was just wondering what's wrong with 010...
>
> Nothing at all ;)

So you mean it is OK that 010.pgsql.sh does not work unless
postgresql_enable="YES" is added to /etc/rc.conf?

Re: 010.pgsql.sh does not react

От
Bill Moran
Дата:
"pobox@verysmall.org" <pobox@verysmall.org> wrote:

> Alban Hertroys wrote:
> > pobox@verysmall.org wrote:
> >> I did that and it worked. Was just wondering what's wrong with 010...
> >
> > Nothing at all ;)
>
> So you mean it is OK that 010.pgsql.sh does not work unless
> postgresql_enable="YES" is added to /etc/rc.conf?

Take some time to read the docs on the rcng system.  The rulse have
changed.

--
Bill Moran

When I point out limitations of one technique as a motivation for another, I
do so in the context of specific problems; for different problems or in other
contexts, the first technique may indeed be the better choice.  Useful
software has been constructed using all of the techniques presented here.

    Bjarne Stroustrup, _The_C++_Programming_Language_

Re: 010.pgsql.sh does not react

От
"pobox@verysmall.org"
Дата:
> Take some time to read the docs on the rcng system.  The rulse have
> changed.

Oh, thanks a lot!
Iv