Обсуждение: initlocation on 8.0+

initlocation on 8.0+

От
"Nitin Verma"
Дата:
Hi All,

I am using initlocation utility to have two separate PGDATAs, that can then
host different databases. In my case I only have one on each and I am using
version 7.3.2.

But I am not able to find this utility on 8.1.0, is there an alternative
utility to this or this feature is no more supported.

Regards,

Nitin Verma

Re: initlocation on 8.0+

От
Scott Marlowe
Дата:
On Mon, 2006-06-26 at 10:31, Nitin Verma wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am using initlocation utility to have two separate PGDATAs, that can then
> host different databases. In my case I only have one on each and I am using
> version 7.3.2.
>
> But I am not able to find this utility on 8.1.0, is there an alternative
> utility to this or this feature is no more supported.

Locations was a useful little hack to use as an interim until table
spaces got implemented.

Look for table spaces in the docs, that's what you want now.  They're
much less error prone, in general, than were locations.

Re: initlocation on 8.0+

От
Michael Fuhr
Дата:
On Mon, Jun 26, 2006 at 08:31:22AM -0700, Nitin Verma wrote:
> I am using initlocation utility to have two separate PGDATAs, that can then
> host different databases. In my case I only have one on each and I am using
> version 7.3.2.
>
> But I am not able to find this utility on 8.1.0, is there an alternative
> utility to this or this feature is no more supported.

In 8.0 and later you can use tablespaces to put files in different
locations.

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/interactive/manage-ag-tablespaces.html

--
Michael Fuhr