Обсуждение: Version Discrepancy

Version Discrepancy

От
rstp
Дата:
pg_config is telling us that we are running version 7.3.6-RH, but when
we start psql it shows that we are running 8.1.4 (which is the correct
version).
  [postgres@mh bin]$ pg_config --version
  PostgreSQL 7.3.6-RH
  [postgres@mh bin]$ which postmaster
  ~/bin/postmaster
  [postgres@mh bin]$ psql imp

This isn't causing any problems, but does seem a bit unusual. We
purchased a Dell server with RHEL preinstalled, minus postgres, which we
installed ourselves. No non-8.1.4 versions of pg_ctl or postmaster exist
on the server. Any ideas on what's causing this?

Thanks,

Ron

Re: Version Discrepancy

От
Douglas McNaught
Дата:
rstp <ronDOTmhp@shaw.ca> writes:

> pg_config is telling us that we are running version 7.3.6-RH, but when
> we start psql it shows that we are running 8.1.4 (which is the correct
> version).
>   [postgres@mh bin]$ pg_config --version
>   PostgreSQL 7.3.6-RH
>   [postgres@mh bin]$ which postmaster
>   ~/bin/postmaster
>   [postgres@mh bin]$ psql imp
>   Welcome to psql 8.1.4, the PostgreSQL interactive terminal.

I'm guessing that for some reason the pg_config from 7.X is found
first in your PATH.  What does 'which pg_config' print?

-Doug

Re: Version Discrepancy

От
Ron St-Pierre
Дата:
Douglas McNaught wrote:
> rstp <ronDOTmhp@shaw.ca> writes:
>

>> pg_config is telling us that we are running version 7.3.6-RH, but when
>> we start psql it shows that we are running 8.1.4 (which is the correct
>> version).
>>   [postgres@mh bin]$ pg_config --version
>>   PostgreSQL 7.3.6-RH
>>   [postgres@mh bin]$ which postmaster
>>   ~/bin/postmaster
>>   [postgres@mh bin]$ psql imp
>>   Welcome to psql 8.1.4, the PostgreSQL interactive terminal.
>>

> I'm guessing that for some reason the pg_config from 7.X is found
> first in your PATH.  What does 'which pg_config' print?

That's it. 'which pg_config' returns /usr/bin/pg_config
I guess that I ran it too early on a Saturday morning, I must have
blindly assumed that my '[postgres@mh bin]$ pg_config --version' command
would look at the current directory first by default.

Thanks Doug!

Ron