Обсуждение: xmin

xmin

От
"Ilja Golshtein"
Дата:
Hello!

Is it Ok to use xmin column in application programm?

Purpose is obvios: I need to know the record was not changed since
a moment in the past and things like this.
So every UPDATE should somehow change value of the column.

The choice it trigger or xmin.
Which is better (from perfomance, reliability, compartibility,
whatever, point of view)?

Thanks.

--
Best regards
Ilja Golshtein

Re: xmin

От
Richard Huxton
Дата:
Ilja Golshtein wrote:
> Hello!
>
> Is it Ok to use xmin column in application programm?
>
> Purpose is obvios: I need to know the record was not changed since
> a moment in the past and things like this.
> So every UPDATE should somehow change value of the column.
>
> The choice it trigger or xmin.
> Which is better (from perfomance, reliability, compartibility,
> whatever, point of view)?

The only problem with using xmin is that it's not portable. You won't
find it in Mysql/Oracle etc.

--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd