Обсуждение: autovacuum = on ignored

autovacuum = on ignored

От
Gene
Дата:
For some reason when I restart postgresql the autovacuum = on is ignored and when I do a show all it is showed as being off. It did not always do this until recently. What is the best way to diagnose what maybe happening? Are there other config files which may prevent it from being run? Thanks

--
Eugene Hart

Re: autovacuum = on ignored

От
"Matthew T. O'Connor"
Gene wrote:
> For some reason when I restart postgresql the autovacuum = on is ignored
> and when I do a show all it is showed as being off. It did not always do
> this until recently. What is the best way to diagnose what maybe
> happening? Are there other config files which may prevent it from being
> run? Thanks

Do you have row level stats enabled?

Re: autovacuum = on ignored

От
Vivek Khera
Дата:
On Aug 17, 2006, at 12:43 PM, Matthew T. O'Connor wrote:

> Do you have row level stats enabled?

is block level stats not sufficient for autovacuum?

i'm seeing the same: "show all" tells me autovacuum is off, but it is
for sure turned on in the postgresql.conf file and block level stats
are on, but row level are not.

Re: autovacuum = on ignored

От
Alvaro Herrera
Дата:
Vivek Khera wrote:

> On Aug 17, 2006, at 12:43 PM, Matthew T. O'Connor wrote:
>
> >Do you have row level stats enabled?
>
> is block level stats not sufficient for autovacuum?
>
> i'm seeing the same: "show all" tells me autovacuum is off, but it is
> for sure turned on in the postgresql.conf file and block level stats
> are on, but row level are not.

The server emitted a warning when the postmaster started because it
turned off autovacuum because row-level stats were off.  So yeah,
block-level stats are not sufficient.